Where do I buy it???

Last Updated:

1. ninefourteener

ninefourteener Active Member This Topic's Starter

Admittedly, I'm new here, but I read the forum all the time.

Currently "relatively" happy with my Moment.... most of the typical bugs I've read about have been fixed, and it works well for me.

But... I want this EVO like it is nobody's business. I'm on such a kick-ass plan right now, that I absolutely do not want to upgrade and sign a new contract.... I'm going to buy it outright.

Sprint online is sold out indefinitely.

Local Sprint store has a 200+ person waiting list, and has no idea when they'll get them.

Local Best buy doesn't carry them

Best Buy online is sold out indefinitely

Best Buy in Boise, Idaho (3-4 hours from me)... has a waiting list, and is price-gouging them at $700 each.

I'm actually considering buying one on eBay for around $500... but I know I'll likely get no warrantee from anywhere.

Any suggestions???

Advertisement
  2. basso4735

basso4735 Well-Known Member

Wait until they get in stock? Seems like your bases are covered...not much else to do.

3. FunDroid

FunDroid Banned

Go to a Radio Shack store and get on a waiting list. Best Buy also.

4. kimmied2000

kimmied2000 Active Member

Since you don't want to sign a new contract, don't you have to pay about $450-500 for it anyway? Why not go ahead and get it from ebay and then get the insurance from Sprint once you add it to your plan? I'm pretty sure you can get insurance from them even though you don't buy the phone from them as long as it is working at the time insurance is bought. I might be mistaken, but you could call them and ask. (BTW -Have you tried your area wal-mart?)

5. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

signing a new contract isnt going to be what changes your plan, with the EVO you have to be on an everything data plan whether you accept a discount and renew a contract or buy it outright

6. Se7en5

Se7en5 New Member

This may sound odd but try OfficeMax. I stopped in to see a friend that works there the other day and he told me they now sell sprint and he had Evos in stock.

7. Fury

Fury Member

I put my name in at Sams Club (really Radio Shack) this past Thursday and got called on Friday. Lucky I know but there weren't many waiters in line. Might even be worth the membership fee if you don't have it already.

I said goodbye to my Moment as well. You will not believe how superior this phone is over the Moment. I could go on and on but I'm sure there are posts here already to that affect.