1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Where do I download ADB?

1. bosox2k1

bosox2k1 Well-Known Member

To make sure I get the most up to date one, can someone provide the link to download ADB.

Is this the correct download link Android SDK | Android Developers ?

Then just choose whatever platform I am running? Or is the SDK not the same thing....

Advertisement
    :
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Yep, you have the correct link.

After you install the SDK, the adb utility is in the tools directory of the SDK.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Good luck.

P.S. you don't have to install the other stuff like Eclipse unless you are going to be developing apps via the IDE. If you just want use the adb utility, you can just install the base SDK and start using adb.
  3. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Well-Known Member

I rooted my phone following these instructions. If your gonna root aswell take a look at the viedo to see before you do it. On his download file you get a "basic" SDK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_kluRMNeEg

But yeah, like scary alien said.
    bosox2k1 likes this.
  4. bosox2k1

I am rooted already, I am interested in the Overclock---and it seems like the easiest method is through ADB.

Alldroid has a good tutorial on setting up ADB, so hopefully that works out. I will post back here if I have any issues. THanks for the replies, really appreciate it.
  5. Dark Matter

Cool, ADB can be tricky if you have never worked with it..well it was for me. Good luck!
    bosox2k1 likes this.
  6. bosox2k1

Ok, I can't figure out that other forum's tutorial. The directions he gives are nowhere what I am experiencing.

I downloaded the SDK and the tools folder is opened, but after that---I don't know what to do. My phone is plugged in, USB debugging and in Mass storage mode.
  7. Dark Matter

bosox2k1 likes this.
  8. bosox2k1

Well, I just pulled that up. If you think you can walk me through it--step by step---word by word, I can give it a try :)....and don't worry, I won't hold you responsible if I screw 'er up :)
  9. bosox2k1

I am rooted, I just want to get ADP setup...just clarifying... :)
  10. Dark Matter

Ok I already have ADB set up because I rooted my phone using ADB.
    How did you root your phone?
    bosox2k1 likes this.
  11. bosox2k1

Easy root. Was going to do it the "hard" way, but by the time I got my phone--easy root was available.

Kind of wish I did it the "hard" way to get my hands dirty.
  12. Dark Matter

Ohh ok. I know whats going on now..Im really not that great at explaning things, but if you see the video that I posted, it shows you how to set up ADB.
    If you watch the video from 1:20 to 3:18 he shows you how to set up ADB.
    your gonna need the usb drivers which he provides on the youtube page for the video for you to download.
    bosox2k1 likes this.
  13. bosox2k1

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the help :) Hopefully the video does the trick!
  14. bosox2k1

See, my problem is that when I plug my phone into the computer, I don't see the same thing he sees in device manager. I see nothing referring to android. My motorola drivers are up to date.
  15. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

That video is.............horrible!
  16. Dark Matter

Do you see ADB composite on device manager when you have your phone plugged with mass storage and debug?
    bosox2k1 likes this.
  17. bosox2k1

I see ADB Interface---> Mot Composite ADB Interface