where do i download the 2.2 froyo firmawareSupport

Last Updated:

1. AndroidAlien

AndroidAlien Member This Topic's Starter

Right! Im still new to this , and just bought a pre-owned dell streak from CEX shop( in the uk)

iv checked the firmware , its on 1.6

is the new firmware of 2.2 out yet for us? and for this model of android, or will all android phones be capable of using this firmware?

Id like to learn about Andriod so appreciate input regarding this and the streak!

im also stuck on o2(the network) iv heard of something called rebel sim, is this easy to do?

thanks again

Advertisement
  2. martinio1

martinio1 Active Member

No the new firmware has not been released yet, hopefully we will get it before the year is out. I can't wait personally just because of flash support. Also, you can check for the latest firmware by going into your settings > About Phone and then system updates.

As for rebel sim, I'm not familliar with it but this may help: Rebel Simcard Home Page Mobile unlock sim cards,Simcard cutter Micro sim Card Cutter

Scroll down a bit and you will see the streak video.

3. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's okay to post here but you can find guides to install it on Modaco, XDA, and Streaksmart. Some of the Dell reps on the official forums have even been linking to Streaksmart and Modaco themselves.

AndroidAlien likes this.
  4. AndroidAlien

AndroidAlien Member This Topic's Starter

hi there, im not sure if i can post here either, but its not illegal to put this on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXeJeOXTkcw&feature=related

the thing is it looks too complex for me, id love 2.2 on my streak as 1.6 seems ancient compared to the 2.2 ( had the tab a short while and the 2.2 is such a brilliant improvement)

to make it worse im locked to o2 so i guess im stuck till dell pull there finger out :(