• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Where do I find a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter that works for my S4?

crackface

Jan 18, 2010
This has been an issue for as long as I can remember. I have a Plantronics headset that has a 2.5mm plug on it. I'd really like the ability to use this headset with my S4. So I've tried, no joke, probably a dozen different 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters, and in test calls, the person said I sound really distant and/or the quality is horrible. I've tried a different Plantronics headset (but exact same model) so it's not the headset (they work fine using my house cordless phone), and I also have a cheap gas station headset that has a 3.5mm plug, and it works fine (I just don't like it), so I don't believe I have a bad 3.5mm port on the S4.

Has anyone else run into this? Should I just give up and live with my lesser preferred headset that's already equipped with the 3.5mm plug?

Thanks in advance for any advice....

This has been an issue for as long as I can remember. I have a Plantronics headset that has a 2.5mm plug on it. I'd really like the ability to use this headset with my S4. So I've tried, no joke, probably a dozen different 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters, and in test calls, the person said I sound really distant and/or the quality is horrible. I've tried a different Plantronics headset (but exact same model) so it's not the headset (they work fine using my house cordless phone), and I also have a cheap gas station headset that has a 3.5mm plug, and it works fine (I just don't like it), so I don't believe I have a bad 3.5mm port on the S4.

Has anyone else run into this? Should I just give up and live with my lesser preferred headset that's already equipped with the 3.5mm plug?

Thanks in advance for any advice....
Sounds like maybe an impedance matching problem between telephone and cellphone microphone input.

Upvote 0
Yep, I've got a 3 ring adapter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D64J38W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1):

mppUHru.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones