Where do I get wallpapers that fit?General

Last Updated:

1. Lmvks

Lmvks Member

My Huawei came with 6 horrible wallpapers and now I want to change it but when I crop an image and set it as wallpaper it instantly goes blurry. I want to know where you guys who have the Huawei Ascend get your wallpapers from.

I got all the wallpapers from the Zedge App but all dont fit, even if cropped.

2. juniorsabc

juniorsabc Well-Known Member

i think using themes is better than using wallpaper i gave up on that a while ago is kinda imposible i think
  3. Lmvks

Lmvks Member

Yeah, after I made the post I went to download themes and now my wallpapers look great and my huawei looks better than before.
  4. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Switch to Go Launcher ex and you won't have that problem. The 9 home screens on the stock launcher causes that. Check out an app called backgrounds. They have thousands of wallpapers and they all fit with Go launcher or Launcher Pro.
  5. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Or try the Wallpaper Wizardrii app. Works great.
    thejerk, Can0dope and KOLIO like this.
  6. jabbawest

jabbawest Well-Known Member

Scur likes this.
  7. mdside71

mdside71 Well-Known Member

i use wallpapers from zedge
  8. Diablo2k

Diablo2k Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with the blurry images. I am now running Go Launcher Ex along with 640x480 sized wallpapers. If you must use the stock launcher set the wallpaper with Go launcher then change back to the stock launcher and the wallpaper will work fine.
  9. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

if you use the scrolling wallpaper option You have to find wallpapers made for the specific size the ascend uses (dont recall its size atm). It you used fixed wallpapers (non-scrolling) then the size needs to be 320x480. If you google you can find a PSD template to make your own.
  10. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

i use Zedge as well, what i did was see a pic that i like download it & that same button tap it once (download button) & it will set it as wallpaper perfect. if i notice if you save it, & then try to set as wallpaper, your phone will crop it. do it directly from Zedge, it worked for me...
  11. Saera

Saera Member

Hey Gmash ? i've downloaded backgrounds,i am running Go Launcher, but even with a wifi connection its not showing any of the back grounds
  12. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean.
    You're not seeing any backgrounds on the app? I just checked mine and it was working. Its the one that says backgrounds 10,000 in the market.
    Or you're not seeing them on the phone? You have to download the backgrounds to your phone and set them in the go launcher settings.
    Zedge will let you set them right from the app.
  13. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

backgrounds 10,000 is a good app for the ascend and plenty of pics to choose from.:D
  14. matter0ni

matter0ni Well-Known Member

What I do is simply use wallpapers from my computer (which are in 1440x900) then crop accordingly. they are large enough to remain perfectly crisp and sexy
  15. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

i just got it & it works very well. it gives you option to your pic, thanx for the info...
  16. BlackGravity

BlackGravity Well-Known Member

it's canvas that causes your wallpapers to go blurry,if you use LauncherPro or any other home launcher you wont have that problem,try it you'll notice a huge difference.

i use 1980x1200 rez backgrounds so my wallpapers are crisp and very detailed.
  17. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

It works very well indeed. I don't use the wallpaper downloading apps. There are very few wallpapers in them I care for. I use my own I've accumulated over the years. No matter the size of the pic, the WW app lets it look good, and I can pick how much and what part of the pic I want to use, with it automatically picking the right size for scrolling or stationary wallpaper. I throw different pics into my dropbox on occasion, and when I'm fiddling around with my phone somewhere, I have a mob of pics that I really like that I can use to change up my wallpaper.
    intrdrgn likes this.
  18. KOLIO

KOLIO Gruß vom Krampus Guide

MANY THANKS for this tip!

I FINALLY got an old but favorite wallpaper from my old phone to fit on the ASCEND without all the distortion.Very crisp & clean/focused.

Everyone who uses wallpapers should grab this app from the market.

Once again,thank you Scur,for sharing this find with us!