Where Do I Put Music?Support

Last Updated:

1. ebdean

ebdean New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a specific location on the device where the music must be placed in order for the music player to find it? I created a folder called music and sideloaded numerous MP3 tracks (in folders) and yet nothing shows up in the music player. Using a file manager app I can locate the files and play them so I know they are compatible with the player.

Android 2.2
    T-Mobile G2

Advertisement
  2. WarBird87

WarBird87 Well-Known Member

good question... i was thinking the same thing...

3. eligolfer

eligolfer Member

Here is what I did:

1) Dock the phone to the computer
    2) Open up the drive for the phone from your computer
    3) Go to the folder 'Media.' If the sub-folder called Audio is not there, create it. If it there, open it.
    4) In the Audio folder, create a folder called 'Music' and put your songs there.

When you open the music player, it shows all those songs.

This folder, :\media\audio\ is also where you can store ringtones, alarms, and notifications. I was actually able to take the ringtones I created on my G1 and just copy and paste them to my G2. Worked like a charm. Good Luck.

saberhack and monicahg90 like this.
  4. WarBird87

^ ahh sweet thanks!

5. WarBird87

would this also work for videos if we created a file in the media folder called "videos"?

6. jbdroid45

jbdroid45 New Member

Where do you find the media folder to create the audio folder in? Or which folder do you create it in ? It's a Tmo G2....

I do not see a Media or audio folder .

my G2 only shows the following when i open up the drive when connected to cpu:

.android_secure, .fseventsd, .Spotlight-V100, .Trashes, amazonmp3, Android, com.google.android.apps.listen, DCIM, doubleTwistRS, download, LOST.DIR & Multimedia Sync for Mac by doubleTwist.app

Thanks for any help for the newb

7. noizyme

noizyme Member

The media folder is in the root folder when you dock the SD card to the computer. When you open up the drive, it should show. If it doesn't, create it. Then follow the steps above to create an Audio folder within the media folder, then any separate folders if you need to organize by artists.

One app that I love (and has a lot of praise) is the PlayerPro app which allows you to actually open the folders to search manually for folders you created under the media folder. Give it a shot; it has a Lite version, but you'll end up buying it like I did.