Where do I put pdf file and how do I read them?

Last Updated:

1. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I am new to this. I have some documents on pdf and I would like to put them in my phone and read them.

How do I go about it and do I need to download anything extra.

I tried to put the pdf file in the "image" folder but it does not show up on the phone.

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

3. djgibbsjr

djgibbsjr Active Member

Or just download the free Quickoffice for Captivate app. Free office for word, excel, pdf, etc for captivate

4. Trinhbo

Trinhbo Member

If your pdfs are on your computer, once you connect your phone to your computer via USB (you'll need the drivers installed on your computer), you can mount from your phone. A new drive should appear in your computer.

From your computer, copy the files to any place on the new drive. You can create a folder called "docs" or something descriptive if you'd like to keep files organized.

When you are ready, from your computer, do a safe remove of the new drive. Then on your phone, you pull down your notification bar and perform a USB disconnect. Then physically disconnect the USB cable.

As for the app itself, you can use Adobe Reader which is a free app on the Android Market.

5. Sledutah

Sledutah Well-Known Member

I convert my .doc & .xls files to pdf using a few different convertors. I just discovered that Quickoffice or Adobe reader will not open them up with the Captivate.
    I downloaded PDF Viewer, it is slow but at least it opens them up.