Where do I take my App idea?

Last Updated:

1. minibee041

minibee041 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, first post and hope a New thread which has not been started before. I would love to see an app that even when my N1 is in silent mode I can allow certain numbers to be allowed to audibly alert me (ringtone). I work nights and have a young family at home, if the wife needs me urgently, but my phone is on silent, I would like her to be able to contact me but the phone remain on silent to all other people. Is this already possible? Is there a place I can leave my idea for developers?

BTW how excited am I about the upcoming release of Froyo. Open source development like Android is far superior to constarined Apple slave developers. I picked the N1 over the Desire as I can't wait to gloat over each latest update! Cheers and hello to all. :D

Advertisement
  2. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

minibee041 likes this.
  4. minibee041

Cheers Roze I have put my post in your suggested thread. I find searching on Market tedious sometimes as you have to be rather specific! Will keep looking though.

5. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Same :( The search engine on the Market is not that great :/ You need to put the app's name or words from the app's name if you want to find it.

Try to see if these are applicable to you:

http://androidforums.com/android-ap...et-change-profiles-silent-vibrate-ringer.html

Android App Review: Locale - AndroidApps.com

http://androidforums.com/application-announcements/70341-chronos-change-settings-automatically.html

http://androidforums.com/android-ap...-change-settings-based-wifi-phone-number.html

Hope you find what you're looking for :)

6. talksinmaths

talksinmaths Active Member

I have tasker do exactly that for me. Works great. Well not for when your wife calls, but similar things I guess.

Tasker for Android

7. cgp1

cgp1 Member

Make a silent Mp3 ringtone. Set as main ringtone. Give your wife or whoever you need to answer calls from a custom ringtone. With phone set to ring and vibrate you will still know when others are calling you but phone will be silent.

8. minibee041

I searched for ages and found two apps on Market. One looked good but when I downloaded it i found I could not open it - Ring Manager. The second one seems good though - Emergency Calls. It does what I require except it has to be persistent calls which you can set how many calls (I've set it at after three calls). Still not perfect but good enough.