Where do US/Canada users buy their samsung galaxy?Support

Last Updated:

1. TurtleB

TurtleB Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Android Forum,

This is my first post and i have been reading post on this forum for a good 2 weeks now. I wanted to buy the samsung galaxy last weekend and i was so planning on dropping my money at pacific mall in toronto, Canada and running out with my new phone. Unfortunately, i found that no one at pacific mall has even heard of the samsung galaxy :eek::eek:

That was a shocker, so now i'm settling with online purchasing. I read from kam187 that Handy Vertragsverl

Advertisement
  2. Russ Dill

Russ Dill Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from ES Mobilfunk. 351.26 EUR for the phone, 35 EUR for shipping. I used XE Trade for the money order ($22 charge + $11 in spread) and paid total 577.25 USD. They shipped via DHL, which of course I thought, cool, DHL, international courier, I should have it by the end of the week. Nope. Deutsche Post bought DHL and DHL gave up residential delivery in the US and farms it out to USPS instead. The phone shipped on the 8/17, left germany on 8/18, and didn't arrive at my door until 8/31. USPS also provides no tracking, not even delivery confirmation.

3. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

4. briany

briany Active Member

I'm from Texas, and I bought my Samsung Galaxy on eBay from an American seller. There are quite a bit of Galaxys on the American eBay store (eBay.com). I'm not sure about eBay.ca, but I'd expect there to be some Galaxys there too. On eBay.com, they range from about $600-$650 USD, which is, unfortunately, quite a bit more than buying the phone from say a German seller, but I was willing to pay more to make sure that I bought my phone from someone I could communicate with in case something went wrong (which I am glad I did, because the phone I got was defective and I had to return it--Just got my second phone today, and this one is perfect). Also, shipping for me was free because I am in America, but there might be some fees for shipping to Canada. If $600-$650 is too much for you, you might wait a month or two; the prices on eBay have been dropping a little as more sellers start offering the phone, so I'm thinking prices may be a bit lower later on if you don't mind waiting. I, however, couldn't wait.

Hope this helps

5. TurtleB

Thank you Russ Dill and Briany for your help =]

Rastaman-FB, thanks for telling me this.. I just realize the provider I use (which is fido) uses 850/1900 MHz and it isn’t supported by Galaxy for 3G (900/1700/2100). It’s too bad.. I hope they come out for an American version, samsung galaxy soon =/

6. ASukker

ASukker Member

I bought mine at a Site called mobile city for around 589.00 before shipping which was 12.00 or so. And I just chacked on the site:
    Samsung GT- I7500 Galaxy Android Smartphone Black Unlocked Import at MobileCityOnline.com
    and the phone dropped 30 dollars to 559. Dammit! I knew I should've waited a little bit. But either way I had a great experience with Mocile City and would recommend them to others looking for a phone here in the US or Canada.

7. cheeseinspector

cheeseinspector New Member

I purchased mine at MobileCity as well, no problems.

8. TurtleB

mobilecity looks like a great site, thanks everyone =]

9. Black

Black New Member

Bell and Rogers Galaxy devices are coming. Big screen, fast speed. And there are not so many money robbing applications from carrier

10. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

are they different to the normal galaxy?

11. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

I got mine (two actually; one for my wife) off of ebay from a seller called cell411 <elisak26@hotmail.com>. Total came to under $600 each, including shipping, plus he threw in some adapter plugs for US outlets. These are the unbranded versions, which means out of the box you have no Android Market, but after following the instructions found on this forum the firmware is easily upgraded (I think it came with G-something) and CSC installed.

12. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Yeah the price now is about 200 to 250 euros :-/

Depressing for us who bought it for 400!