Where do you get a different home screen thingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Haspula

Haspula New Member This Topic's Starter

i just switched from iphone so i am new to droid, where do i get something different than the android green bug giving you tips like you can have the htc clock or something like that

Advertisement
  2. Haspula

Haspula New Member This Topic's Starter

anyone?

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

LOL I think you are throwing people off with the title of your thread. The green android thing is the tips "widget" . A widget is like the face of an application in which you can access information from that application without leaving the homescreen.

Here is a list of terms and definitions to help you along your road to android discovery

The Android Dictionary | Android Central

Look thru these forums. Especially the stickies at the top of each subforum. Lots of really good info around here. Welcome to the Android Forums and to the wonderful "OPEN" world of Android!!!!

4. blugrss4ever

blugrss4ever Well-Known Member

You can download wallpaper apps (like Filkie) and use those, or I just use photos I've taken with the droid. You can use any image. For the HTC clock you can download beautiful widgets (I think that's where it is!). Live wallpapers eat up battery life, but the possibilities are pretty limitless.