1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

???? where do you get apps from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. HB Fab

HB Fab Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so I'm pretty new at this android stuff. I have a G1 and I see a bunch of websites that have apps but nothing clear on how to get them. I really expected just to see a download button but I haven't. I really want the Power Manager app but...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. wilbur

wilbur Member

click the "market" application....

3. gzvinmen

gzvinmen Member

searching.....

4. HB Fab

Okay I don't know what that means "click on market"?

I went to the website tmobile has a link to from there site clicked on the tab that says market but there is no clear cut way to get these apps. This is becoming quite taxing really and I'm starting to question whether this phone was a good idea or not. So far with the battery dieing every 5 hours it doesn't seem to be worth the 500 dollars they charge.

NEED POWER MANAGER APP!!!

Please help me.
    Thanks

5. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

There is an icon within the scroll up menu that says market and looks like a little shopping back with the android logo on it. click that

6. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

ok, you access the apps market on the phone not their web site if their is no icon for the market on the home page of the phone then pull the menu open by putting your finger on the gray box and sliding upwards once open scroll through what you have listed the market icon is a white bag with a little green android on it.... click on that and it will take you to the market... once there you can browse by type, popularity, date, search, etc... hope that helps if needed send me an email here and I'll see what I can do to help......

7. Manacit

Manacit Well-Known Member

Don't knock the nokia, that was my first phone!
    @OP: You need to flick up the grey arrow bar at the bottom of the screen, and look for "Market", they're sorted in alphabetical order so just look for the Ms.

8. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Amen. Some phones are just too complicated for some people. I wonder how they managed to find this website, but completely overlooked the manual that came with the phone.

9. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

another non-knowledgeble android user. this is incredible how there is so many people that have no idea on whats going on with their phone. just return it and get a sidekick buddy.

10. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

Alright guys, let's not get downright rude.

11. HB Fab

There is one in every forum, I asked the guy at tmobile for a manual and he told me they don't come with one. I am not that ********. I am not familiar with this type of phone. Ive never even had a phone that could do half of the things this phone can do, never needed it before now.

I'm not as gadet inclined as you are, for that I do appologize.

Either way, messing with the phone more today I did discover I have to access the apps through the phone. So I am all set thanks for all the productive posts, I appreciate it.

12. HB Fab

I'm sorry I just couldn't let this one go. Are you kidding me? You honestly base life off of how many and how cool your phones are?

Hows that working out for you?

I base my life off of things like good friends good family and a good job that keeps me secure. Hmm must be an interesting life you have.

There just phones guys. You know I am very knowledgeable person in my field and if some one came to me asking a question and honestly wanted to learn more about it, They automatically get my respect. If they care enough to broaden their horizon and want to learn more, why would you insult them?

How and when could doing that ever make sense?
    I'm dumbfounded, I really am.

13. HB Fab

No, I paid 25 bucks but I see them with out contract between 450 and 500. They are obviously a lot cheaper if you get them with a contract.

No I would never in my life spend more then a 100 bucks on something as silly as a telephone.

14. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Thanks for your help guys, we do appreciate it when people get the help they come here looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.