1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Where does android save the contacts ??Support

1. a_sika

a_sika Member

i have been looking for an answer for that question for a week and couldnt find it .... where android keeps the contacts ... whatever thier accounts .. if the account is google so it's very obvious ... but for phone account ... where it is saved

anyone knows ??

Advertisement
    :
  2. landovr

landovr Well-Known Member

It has to be on the phones internal memory because i have gone through the entire sd card and i cant find it anywhere. I think the only way to find out for sure is if you have a rooted phone which i do not. You can export your contacts to the sd card or sim card if you go into your contact list and hit menu you will see an import/export option.
  3. a_sika

a_sika Member

thanks landovr for your comment

actually the reason i'm asking is to try to restore the contacts from a previous backup took by Rom Manager ... when i did restore that backup ... i didnt get any contacts ... so this is why i was asking
  4. arlrb

arlrb Well-Known Member

Rom manager backs-up the rom, not your info.
  5. Caoltan

Caoltan New Member

this has been doing my HEAD in!

Please somebody help me.

I add a new number and name ok, and when I try to send a message to them it's ok - they always show up. But when I try to find them in "People" they're never there! Instead I have loads of facebook people I'm never going to text/call. Where are the numbers stored and how do I get them into the people app thing?

:mad:

Any help would be very very very much appreciated as this really warps my willy.
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Open the people app, hit menu, select view, then you can pick and choose which contacts are displayed.