Where does background file save??General

Last Updated:

1. nickpapagiorgio

nickpapagiorgio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded the Backgrounds App and found really cool background that I really like. I'd like to save the file so I can change it to a different background but go back to my current background later. Does anyone know where the file saves to?

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

nope

i hear reports that you actually have to reboot your phone for it to recognize the files added by the app, will test out in a minute here....

3. Caddyman

Yep, after a reboot they are in my all pictures folder. I know why you want to save them cause there is no set as lock screen option on the app. There should be but isn't.

Anything you like add to your favorites as far as wallpapers though, then you dont use space on your card.

4. nickpapagiorgio

How do you get to the pictures folder?

5. Caddyman

albums app, the app that came on the phone.

6. nickpapagiorgio

The picture that is currently set as my background is not in my pictures folder when I go under the Albums App that came with my phone. So I'm guessing that if I change it, I'd have to go through the Backgrounds App and find the picture again??

7. Caddyman

only if you use the save feature on the backgrounds app will it save. and you will only see it (afaik) if you do a reboot.

if you set something as wallpaper from the app, it will not save on your phone, the app does it magically somehow...lol

if you find something you like on the app, save it as a favorite in the app for quick access

8. nickpapagiorgio

Okay... I didn't notice the save feature. I figured it just downloaded to the phone and saved automatically. Thanks for the info.

9. counterfeit187

counterfeit187 New Member

thanks for letting us know about that reboot. Any idea if this is a glitch that might be fixed in a later version?

10. rdalev

rdalev Well-Known Member

I've noticed, when I start my camera or video and tap the folder icon , near the bottom, that some of my saved wallpapers are in there !

11. amahler

amahler New Member

I'm having the same problem. I've tried rebooting but they're still not showing up anywhere. I took the SD card out and hooked it up to my computer. The backgrounds I saved showed up there, but still not on my phone. Is there another way I can get them?

12. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Do you have to reboot? Or could you re-load the SD card? I dont use a wallpaper app, but you can give this a try: SDrescan v1.0.1 Application for Android | Tools