• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Where does the T699 store the boot animation?

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
I'm using ROM Toolbox to attempt to reset my rooted T699's boot animation. However, the selected animation doesn't replace the standard animation at boot time on this device. Presumably, this is because the boot animation is not stored in the standard place on the T699.

By default, ROM Toolbox stores the animation here: /data/local/bootanimation.zip

Does anyone know where it should be stored in order to work on the T699? I couldn't find anything with my own searches via Root Explorer.

Thanks in advance.
.​

I found this, but it doesn't solve my problem:

http://androidforums.com/fascinate-all-things-root/209330-how-change-bootup-shutdown-animations-sounds.html#post1848220

It talks about a /system/media/bootsamsung.qmg file, and I've determined that this that indeed contains the standard boot animation for the T699.

The problem is that the *.zip file produced by ROM Toolbox isn't read at boot-up time by Samsung's startup code. Apparently, I need to produce a *.qmg file, but I don't know how to do that.

Any ideas?
.​

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones