Where in Android 2.1+ are the stock icons located?Support

Last Updated:

1. DroidsIsPerfecked!!!

DroidsIsPerfecked!!! Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Let's say you are using a home screen app which actually supports themes. You like the theme which you have installed for the wallpaper, and it's effect on the clock and other home app features, but they make some of your icons look too much the same (which is not a problem with the original Android 2.1 or 2.2 icons), and you are annoyed with this. You want to keep the the theme for everything except the icons which it changes, and the home app which you are using allows you to change icons, but you don't like any of the available icon packs which you can find on the Market of AppBrain. They are nowhere nearly as complete (nor as distinctly functional - I actually prefer that the icons not be the same for Messages and Call History, Camera and Camcorder, etc.) as the Android 2.1+ icons, and there doesn't seem to be a complete 2.1+ pak available among them. So, I have the option to go and search my system for different icons for different app items on my screen, which I must do because the stock icons are not listed among my downloaded "icon paks". Where then are my original stock icons located in my Android 2.1+ (I actually run 2.2 now) system?

Advertisement
  2. DroidsIsPerfecked!!!

DroidsIsPerfecked!!! Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is one of about 10 moved posts on the today page alone - maybe somebody needs to organize these forums so that the purpose of each is more concise!