Where is 4.1.2?General

1. jgawera

jgawera Member

I see 4.1.2 was released a while ago to some GN2 users.

I'm in the UK, and have an unbranded GN2, yet i'm on 4.1.1, and no updates available.

Is it generally available in some areas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat. So far they haven't released it for all unlocked/unbranded international versions. Kind of annoying, it's one of the main reasons why paid in full for an unlocked version. bleh.

3. Captain53

Captain53 Well-Known Member

I have U.S. Verizon N2 with 4.1.1 and I have seen nothing of an update.
  4. runamonk

Well of course you don't have it yet, Verizon has to funk it all up first for ya. ;)

5. casarosa

casarosa Well-Known Member

I had the 4.1.2 update here in Spain ages ago my phone is unlocked/unbranded
  6. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

I live in the UK and have an unbranded Note 2.

I have the 4.1.2 Update but my phone was originally French.

Everybody I know who has one (and we're talking like 8 Note 2's here, practically everyone in work, a few friends, girlfriend, that have all been bought upon my recommendation :D) have yet to receive their update and are currently running 4.1.1 like yourself.

On 4.1.2 Only major additions I've noticed are the modify-able status bar icons, air view when hovering over folders (expands, previews) and ink effect on the lock-screen when swipe unlocking with the S-Pen. It not a particularly interesting update anyways, but I agree, it is a pain knowing its ready to go but they just haven't released it for UK (unbranded) phones yet.
  7. Captain53

Captain53 Well-Known Member

Good point!
  8. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Just got the update! Sprint :D
  9. jgawera

jgawera Member

Just got my update today.

I see the option for the ink effect, but it doesn't actually work, I just see the standard ripple.

Not much else worth mentioning though.

No sign of 4.2 any time soon :)
  10. runamonk

Use the pen and not your finger.
  11. JamesTM

JamesTM Member

I checked for an update and I got a cryptic message about access to the update centre being allowed in order of first request and to try later. A couple of days later I got the ota update. I've put off the update until I could backup on kies.
  12. jgawera

jgawera Member

Doh!!
    yep, it works.

Thanks
  13. LilacBleeds

LilacBleeds Well-Known Member

I just mine today :)