• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I am in the same boat. So far they haven't released it for all unlocked/unbranded international versions. Kind of annoying, it's one of the main reasons why paid in full for an unlocked version. bleh.

I see 4.1.2 was released a while ago to some GN2 users.

I'm in the UK, and have an unbranded GN2, yet i'm on 4.1.1, and no updates available.

Is it generally available in some areas?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I live in the UK and have an unbranded Note 2.

I have the 4.1.2 Update but my phone was originally French.

Everybody I know who has one (and we're talking like 8 Note 2's here, practically everyone in work, a few friends, girlfriend, that have all been bought upon my recommendation :D) have yet to receive their update and are currently running 4.1.1 like yourself.

On 4.1.2 Only major additions I've noticed are the modify-able status bar icons, air view when hovering over folders (expands, previews) and ink effect on the lock-screen when swipe unlocking with the S-Pen. It not a particularly interesting update anyways, but I agree, it is a pain knowing its ready to go but they just haven't released it for UK (unbranded) phones yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones