• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is Adobe Flash Player ... ???

You probably don't have the real Google Android marketplace installed.

Theres a simple procedure to get that going, then you can download and install the adobe flash player 10. What you're looking for is a file called "gApps4Archos.apk"

Search for the ArchosFans.com forum on google then search for your solution there. At least that's how I did it...

Once you get it going, you'll love it...

Hope that helps...

Upvote 0
I already have this:

"gApps4Archos.apk"

installed correctly. I was able to access Market just fine. But Flash Player was nowhere to be found! Downloaded some new apps. Most of the apps worked.

On another Android Forum I found the answer! Check this out:

I finally got Flash 10.1 to show up on the market and installed it YES. What I did was in settings/applications/market/all was to clear the cache then delete the data and then force stop. Now instead of rebooting my A70 I went to the market app and opened it then did a search for flash 10.1 and there it was.

I did that, but did not reboot, opened up Market, and sure enough, there was Flash Player 10.1 ... !!! Installed it. Having some problems, but my Archos 70 is working. Not without issues though ....

Upvote 0
I never had that problem but it's good to know that you solved it..

The 70 does have some issues, but I've managed to find solutions for every little thing and Archos even updated the OS since I bought it. So I'm very pleased and right now it's running perfectly.

What's great about archos is that there are at least a couple of online forums where you can get your issues sorted out.

Anyway, glad you have Flash on your system now, so hope things will be good from here on out...

--Steve

Reactions: vja4Him
Upvote 0
I'm new to the Android world and hand-held devices. But I think one of the issues I might be running into is that some apps might be conflicting with the Archos, which I would guess would be software issues.

I've ran into a few apps that crash my Archos, or cause the Archos to freeze. So I just delete those apps.

I am somewhat disappointed that the System memory for my Archos 70 is so small ... Would sure be nice to have at least twice the System memory. I'm not used to having to always close out the apps, just to free up some memory. Haven't had to do that since back in the days, when I was using the ancient Macs (SE, Classic, Plus, 512ke).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones