Where is everybody?

Last Updated: 2012-07-30 12:33:35
  1. GaryS1964

GaryS1964 Well-Known Member

I admit I don't check this forum but about every three or four weeks on average but it seems the last time I was here this forum was a lot more active. There were a couple of threads about ICS and the Captivate not getting it. Now nothing. Everybody upgrading to new phones?

Advertisement
  2. cougar360

cougar360 Member

I know right......ive been wondering the same ......watch they end up bringing out the ics update to the captivate and remove all the bloatware and every captivate owner will start popping out of the wood work
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I would suspect the Captivate has been talked out. Those keeping it have accepted it for what it is, rooted and flashed ICS already or upgraded their devices. It's usually the way it goes for any phone. When it's new, there's a lot of chatter. When it becomes a "legacy" device, it goes quiet.
  4. dchawk81

dchawk81 Member

Xda.
    NightHawk877 likes this.
  5. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Everything's been discussed.
  6. dantheman2

dantheman2 Well-Known Member

We are waiting on the Galaxy S III
  7. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

Now that I have my beloved SIII, I have put my (unlocked/gingerbread) Cappy on kijiji. it is in great shape so I listed it at $180.

So far I have had 4 offers to buy it (since Friday) and if I did not love 30 miles from that town I would have sold it by now. So the next time I go there, I will message them back to see if they are still interested.

I am actually sad to see her go, she is still the sexiest phone I have seen, even better looking than the SIII IMO. But I am really enjoying the SIII so far despite the size (I find it rather large).
  8. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

I agree that the Captivate is the best looking phone I've seen still to this day.
  9. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

Sadly she is gone :( But I did have someone drive an hour to pick it up for $150

Sadder yet was even though he owned a SG already, his was the rounded style, not the square corners like this:

[​IMG]

His screen was cracked and he could probably not care less about the phone itself. He did not even know what gingerbread was :(

He did not even ask to see my SIII LOL
  10. iGamer

iGamer New Member

agreed 100%
    Android26 likes this.
  11. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

Once I accepted that Samsung wasn't going to support the Cappy anymore and I flashed ICS, I kinda quit checking the forum. I'd be looking to upgrade to the HTC One X if I had the money right now.
  12. Lmorris96

Lmorris96 Member

It's sad because at one point this wasa samsungs flagship phone and was advertised everywhere.
  13. DaMajorPayne

DaMajorPayne Active Member

this is my international travel phone