Linx Well-Known Member

Cold boot?
  2. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

3. ilomambo

ilomambo Member

I got JB, so now, what's next?
    should I uninstall Adobe flash player? It still appears on the app grid
    Also ICS browser+ is crashing right away. what about the stock browser?
    It is still there.
  4. ODog2323

Still no luck for me. I'm not getting the internet error anymore. Its just telling me there's no update available.
  5. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

It did that to me too. Just keep hitting the "check now" button until it shows. Might wanna try rebooting as well.
  6. Rafael

Rafael Well-Known Member

From power off state, hold volume down key and press power key to boot......continue holding both until small text appears in upper left of screen. Do nothing else......just let it boot. This is a cold boot.
    It takes a bit of time....a minute or so.
    Nelviticus likes this.
  7. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

I got Jelly Bean today unexpectedly today... 4.1.1 is installed now.

I am pretty stoked but I don't know all the details of what is different

good times at the beach
  8. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd like to know what features and details JB has
  9. alexorosco90

alexorosco90 New Member

I'm in the US and haven't been able to pull the update. Anyone else having this problem?
  10. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Just leave Flash alone. It won't update, but if you already have it installed, keep it and use it until flash is phased out for HTML5.

As for a browser, Dolphin and Chrome both work great on JB.
    ilomambo likes this.
  11. Nutz

Nutz Well-Known Member

This morning my TF201 says there is a firmware upgrade, but then it fails to get it and requests trying later!
  12. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Clear data in settings, in manage applications, then reboot the tablet
  13. ODog2323

Clear data in settings? That's awful vague. Should we be clearing and force stoppimg cmc client, dmc client, or Google framework? I've read to do any of the three at one time or another...
  14. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

I believe that this estimate was off
  15. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wonder if we'll ever get an admission from the naysayers that they were just being needlessly impatient and negative... My guess is no.
  16. Nelviticus

Nelviticus Well-Known Member

Make sure you use the volume DOWN key - I misread the above and used the volume UP key, which caused the tablet to lock up. I had to use the reset hole to fix it.
  17. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Sorry, what part is vague? Go to settings, applications, select all, scroll to settings, clear cache, clear data, then reboot the tablet. See if that helps

Yea, so do I but with carriers being 4-6 months behind source release it was hard for any person to believe that every other device except a Nexus device would receive an upgrade in a timely manner. So, forgive me for skeptical about Asus but if you would read early threads from this section, you may believe that Asus is/was a joke of a company and hoping for a timely os upgrade would not be in their best interests considering the release of the 300, 700 and the Nexus

I'll raise my hand as being a naysayer but as I said above, it's hard to trust HTC, Moto, Samsung.....for a timely os upgrade and I will say thanks to Asus for releasing a timely upgrade.
  18. Nutz

Nutz Well-Known Member

Has anyone in UK grabbed it yet?
  19. alackman

alackman Well-Known Member

Yep, playing with it now. Im trying to decide to use stock launcher with folder organiser or put a diff launcher on...hmm but which one. I use apex on my phone
  20. ODog2323

Sorry, didn't realize you meant to clear out the settings APP in settings. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick though :-(
  21. alexorosco90

alexorosco90 New Member

Anyone having trouble downloading the update? Mine keeps saying "update found check notifications" but I can't find anything. Also says it can't connect to internet connection.
  22. ilomambo

ilomambo Member

For all impatient, let me tell you how the update went down on my prime.
    First time I pressed "Check updates" it told me there is an update, check the notification area. Then, after a few minutes it said the file download failed, try again later.
    Second time I tried, it went the same way, but this time the button remained disabled.
    I waited 30 minutes and it was still disabled, but the message about checking the notification area was there.
    I turned the device off and rebooted, but could not bring the button back to be enabled. I kept looking in the System update page every 20-30 minutes, but nothing changed, and there was no new notification.
    Then, out of the blue, it started downloading the new version and proceeded to install,all went smooth, finished in about 30 minutes, the longest part was when it checked all installed applications.
    I think that when the button goes disable it means you are put in a queue, probably ASUS servers are overloaded with updating all of us more or less at the same time. When your number comes up the download will begin automatically.
  23. ODog2323

For me, the update first showed up and downloaded OK, but failed on the install. Ever since it's been saying there's no update available...
  24. Treknologist

Treknologist Well-Known Member

I finally got it this morning. When I got up, the update was ready to be installed (I had left the Prime with the message about not being able to download when I went to bed). I ran it and, voila, my Prime was running JB. Gotta say that I like the changes Google made in JB. Things are running smoother, apps appear to be opening quicker, and Google Now is great.
  25. Oblig

Oblig Well-Known Member

Tried all of the above - it still says 'no update available' or that there is no internet connection when there clearly is. I guess patience will be a virtue here.

So from the improvements does the browser still freeze and ask you to wait or close it?