• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is Jelly Bean?

I got JB, so now, what's next?
should I uninstall Adobe flash player? It still appears on the app grid
Also ICS browser+ is crashing right away. what about the stock browser?
It is still there.
Just leave Flash alone. It won't update, but if you already have it installed, keep it and use it until flash is phased out for HTML5.

As for a browser, Dolphin and Chrome both work great on JB.

Reactions: ilomambo
Upvote 0
From power off state, hold volume down key and press power key to boot......continue holding both until small text appears in upper left of screen. Do nothing else......just let it boot. This is a cold boot.
It takes a bit of time....you can watch the time count down in the text.

Make sure you use the volume DOWN key - I misread the above and used the volume UP key, which caused the tablet to lock up. I had to use the reset hole to fix it.

Upvote 0
Clear data in settings? That's awful vague. Should we be clearing and force stoppimg cmc client, dmc client, or Google framework? I've read to do any of the three at one time or another...

Sorry, what part is vague? Go to settings, applications, select all, scroll to settings, clear cache, clear data, then reboot the tablet. See if that helps

I believe that this estimate was off

Yea, so do I but with carriers being 4-6 months behind source release it was hard for any person to believe that every other device except a Nexus device would receive an upgrade in a timely manner. So, forgive me for skeptical about Asus but if you would read early threads from this section, you may believe that Asus is/was a joke of a company and hoping for a timely os upgrade would not be in their best interests considering the release of the 300, 700 and the Nexus

Yeah, I wonder if we'll ever get an admission from the naysayers that they were just being needlessly impatient and negative... My guess is no.

I'll raise my hand as being a naysayer but as I said above, it's hard to trust HTC, Moto, Samsung.....for a timely os upgrade and I will say thanks to Asus for releasing a timely upgrade.

Upvote 0
For all impatient, let me tell you how the update went down on my prime.
First time I pressed "Check updates" it told me there is an update, check the notification area. Then, after a few minutes it said the file download failed, try again later.
Second time I tried, it went the same way, but this time the button remained disabled.
I waited 30 minutes and it was still disabled, but the message about checking the notification area was there.
I turned the device off and rebooted, but could not bring the button back to be enabled. I kept looking in the System update page every 20-30 minutes, but nothing changed, and there was no new notification.
Then, out of the blue, it started downloading the new version and proceeded to install,all went smooth, finished in about 30 minutes, the longest part was when it checked all installed applications.
I think that when the button goes disable it means you are put in a queue, probably ASUS servers are overloaded with updating all of us more or less at the same time. When your number comes up the download will begin automatically.

Upvote 0
I finally got it this morning. When I got up, the update was ready to be installed (I had left the Prime with the message about not being able to download when I went to bed). I ran it and, voila, my Prime was running JB. Gotta say that I like the changes Google made in JB. Things are running smoother, apps appear to be opening quicker, and Google Now is great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones