• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is my OTA

Since Verizon is no help, I just called Motorola (866-721-5480). The rep said that 2.2 is being rolled out by Verizon. She said that they will be pushing the update to Droids for at least another week, maybe longer. She also there is no way to request the update sooner. “They [Verizon] are pushing it in batches and eventually everyone will get it.” I don’t know if the rep knows what she is talking about, but that’s what she said.

Still waiting in Northern Virginia.

Upvote 0
Southeastern PA.
Got mine yesterday. FRG01B version. It's working well and so is Flash 10.1

I did notice a few bugs.

1. Vanilla Music Widget sumetimes skips through songs on it's own. Removed and replaced and it seems fine now.
2. the screen rotates fine but once in a while I get landscape upside down.
3. Launcher Pro sometimes is very slow.
4. I had to use album grabber to restore album pics.
5. Battery usage was huge but I found the thread to fix it.

so, no major problems just inconveniences.

hopefully I'll see the FRG22 update soon.

Upvote 0
Man, when will you guys learn?

These rollouts are never as smooth as they should be. Assume the worst- assume they are releasing froyo to 5,000-10,000 Droid users/day and only on business days.

Then you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get it.

You better hope you're wrong... With something on the order of 2 million Droids out there, 10,000/day would mean 200 days to do the update. I think it's more like 100,000/day...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones