Where Is The 2.1 Firmware Download???

Last Updated:

1. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I see so many sites that talk about this update and how it's available at the following:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] Hero 2.1 UPDATE 1.7 [16/12/09]

But when you get there, I don't see anything specific to 2.1 firware. There is a link to 1.7 that takes you to the following:
    [DEV] HERO21 - Community release v1.7 (16-12-09) - HTCPedia.com forums

Which one is the right one??? Also, where are the steps that people had for the earlier firmwares?

Thanks to any help that comes my way folks!

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

That is a custom 2.1 ROM based off of a leaked test version from HTC. The 1.7 version number refers to the Custom Version Number, as in its the 1.7 version of the Custom 2.1 ROM by Lox and benhaam.

The link on the XDA devs forum is to the thread on HTCpedia. If you scroll up to the top, you'll see all the info. The reason the link points down to the middle of the page is becaues post 9 there has a link to a download in which you dont need to sign up to HTCpedia to download.

If you ask me though, that 2.1 ROM is unusable. It's just very unstable. GPS doesnt work, the clock doesnt work, most every HTC widget doesnt work...Until a leak of the official final version makes its way out, I doubt any Custom 2.1 Hero ROM will be worth it.

3. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

Does that mean the final version might have more features than the one on that custom rom?

4. Lunfai

Lunfai Member

Yes and a lot more different. Check htcpedia.
    Happy Holidays.

5. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

In case you're interested, they just released a 1.8 update to their 2.1 ROM. It brings back the Contacts widget and fixes the clock supposedly. It's still ridiculously unstable though. Most apps/functions will just force close.

6. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for everyones responses. I guess I'll wait it out....getting my Nexus One this Monday anyways.