Where is the "contacts" folder?

Last Updated: 2013-05-19 11:16:50
  1. kinerf

kinerf Member

I backed up my whole Samsung Fascinate using copy and paste on my PC. I was wondering if anybody knows where my contacts are kept in GB 2.3.5 file system, as I would like to fully restore them into my rooted Jellybean configuration. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to backup the entire, most recent iteration of my phonebook/contents when I flashed the unit last night. So somewhere on my PC is the folder that holds all my contacts. Thank you for any help. - kinerf :(

Advertisement
  2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog VIP Member

contacts are not kept in the SDCARD of the device. They are kept in the /data partition of the device. unless your rooted you didn't save that folder and even if you are you cannot access it from the computer you have to use a third party program like root explorer to access it and then copy it over to the SDCARD. You also would do better just syncing them with Google. A nandroid backup would help save that information as well.
    Hadron and kinerf like this.
  3. kinerf

kinerf Member

I will take your info and run with it ... LOL When i did my "manual" backup of my phone, it was H: on my pc. I did a "copy all" , then made a folder on my PC, then did a "paste" into that folder. I was just trying to see if one of the subfolders had my contact information instead of me having to type the ones that I hadn't "Google sync'd". I did "Titanium Backup" this latest phone configuration last night so I'm ok if i screw something up now.

BTW ... I just lost my wallpaper in Baked Blackbean 8, and it will not go set a wall paper now. Background is just solid black. Any help? Please. :(
  4. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

Contact the developer and tell them that the Baked Blackbean 8 ROM that you installed has lost the ability to display wallpaper.
  5. kinerf

kinerf Member

where is the best place to contact these guys? I went to their website and other sites, but couldn't find a "direct" link to contact them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! - kinerf
  6. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

Team_BAKED_ROM on Twitter
    kinerf likes this.
  7. kinerf

kinerf Member

joined twitter ... sent them brief description ... we'll see. Thank you for your help! - kinerf :D