where is the custom dic?Support

1. XxXSnake23XxX

XxXSnake23XxX Active Member

I found it once and now I don't know where it is

Advertisement
    :
  2. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

I read that it is under /data, but that you cannot see the contents of this dir unless you have a rooted phone.
  3. XxXSnake23XxX

my phone is rooted
  4. cdmackay

and it's not under /data? apols :(
  5. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

You can access it (to add / edit / remove entries) on an unrooted Magic (UK anyways) through Menu - Settings - Locale & Text - User dictionary.
  6. XxXSnake23XxX

how to you check if your phone is rooted... i think that my phone unrooted:p
  7. cdmackay

Not there on an unrooted Hero (UK SIM-FREE), sadly.
  8. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Have you used the keyboard and actually added any custom words Yet ?

Once you have actually added a word to your custom dictionary you then should be able to go into setting and view/edit/delete words from the list
  9. cdmackay

If by "added" you mean typed words that it didn't recognise, selected them from the wee boxes, and seen them noted as "saved" at the bottom of the screen? then yes, I've added dozens. And there's no such option in that menu on mine :(

still, this particular setting menu is interesting. Have you noted that that calibration option on the menu only appears when the phone is in portrait mode? rotate it, and that option disappear from the menu.
  10. cdmackay

any other Hero users around to note the presence or otherwise of this option on theirs, please?
  11. zannemiller

zannemiller New Member

I spent the better part of last night looking for this on my HTC hero with no result. I've been in the above suggested area (Locale & Text ) but there was no custom Dictionary option...:confused:
  12. enek

enek Member

I'm using the JacxHeroSki ROM and couldn't find it either. I couldn't find any way to access the user dictionary through the UI.
  13. hal

hal Member

Yes, there is unfortunately no such setting on the HTC Hero, yet at least. I'm looking for a way to edit the custom dictionary, and not just completely clear it. Guess I have to keep searching :)
  14. LadyDuce

LadyDuce New Member

iS there a way t0 get Aut0 TeXt 0n aye G1 (LiKe thee SyMboL shitt 0n aye SideKiCc) &&h0w d0 y0u d0 tht .?? && iS thR aye cuSt0M diCti0NaRy 0n it aS WeLL .??
  15. shanewbr

shanewbr New Member

Settings - Language & Keyboard - Touch Input - Personal Dictionary