where is the evo hdmi dockAccessories

Last Updated:

1. KiLo11

KiLo11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi all just wondering what ever happend to that hdmi dock?
    any news on when it will be released?

Advertisement
  2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Was supposed to be at launch, then pushed to July, then pushed to September.

We're in September and Best Buy doesn't have it on their website. I have a strange feeling they're not going to manufacture it considering all the issues and complaints about the HDMI limitations on the EVO.

Some of the functions that this phone was supposed to have and accessories as well are starting to become a big letdown. Overall, I'm still very happy with the EVO, just disappointed that it didn't quite deliver with the hype in some areas (without making custom modifications).

FyrFytr998 likes this.
  3. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Active Member

I have to agree with you. The way the commercials come across about being "first". It seems the only thing that are firsts with the EVO, are people being first to figure out a way to fix a shortcoming of the phone.

I am happy with my EVO, but my limited technical skill set gives me pause to try out some of the features the phone should be taking care of on its own, like the HDMI issues. Plug and play and "smart" phone should go hand in hand.

drexappeal likes this.
  4. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

i have to agree

5. OpusP

OpusP Member

bump

6. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Yup. Exactly why I made that thread about the "first" advertising that Sprint is doing. It's like I said in that thread, "first" always reminds me of something that is going to break down more than all the products that follow (and learn from the "first's" mistakes).

Nontheless, call me crazy, but I still love my EVO.