• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is the EXCITMENT?!

I upgraded to an evo 3d last week and turned in an evo that was in questionable condition at a corp sprint store. They take it right then and there and just give you $150 off of the phone you are purchasing.

Of course I'm going to trade this in for the photon though on the 31st. While the evo3d was nice, it just wasn't for me.

They just take it as is? No box needed, no charger, etc... Just the phone with the battery in it? Do they need the original SD card as well?

FYI - I highly suggest looking at the Photon 4G forum now.

Upvote 0
They just take it as is? No box needed, no charger, etc... Just the phone with the battery in it? Do they need the original SD card as well?

FYI - I highly suggest looking at the Photon 4G forum now.

Yup - took it as is. No box, no charger, didn't even need the microsd card. I'm gonna throw the microsd into the photon so it all worked out. They just took the phone with the battery in it.

Upvote 0
Wow, I never play games on my EVO now, but this is a pretty cool video of the Photon 4G being used in conjunction with a bluetooth controller (in this case, a wii controller)

‪Sprint Photon 4G Bluetooth game controller demo - A game console in your pocket‬‏ - YouTube

Welp...im sold

- Great Camera
- Dedicated Camera Button (Huge Plus for me!!!)
- Dual Core
- Large Storage
- And now i can play Emulators via HDMI cable on my tv screen while using a bluetooth controller?

Sign me the hell up

Upvote 0
+1

I dont see in anyway that after someone reads all the posts by him they wouldn't get a Photon now after all. Matter of fact, what it did was make people decide to get one now on launch day instead of waiting and see.

What great free advertising for Motorola and the Photon, and I hope Shawheim is compensated accordingly. **hint, hint Motorola, a free Photon and Xoom for the guy**

Upvote 0
+1

I dont see in anyway that after someone reads all the posts by him they wouldn't get a Photon now after all. Matter of fact, what it did was make people decide to get one now on launch day instead of waiting and see.

What great free advertising for Motorola and the Photon, and I hope Shawheim is compensated accordingly. **hint, hint Motorola, a free Photon and Xoom for the guy**

On top of that, the guy cross-posted on multiple forums (Sprint Users and Android Central, I'm pretty sure he posted there as well). To get all that info to some of the major forums on the internet in such a short time...wow...I know I'd get tired doing it...LOL.

Although, makes me think if shawheim might have been employed by Motorola to do just that?

Upvote 0
Hey Howdy Hey everyone! :D

New poster here... but have been lurking for the past few months. Decided to finally sign up.

shawheim's now locked thread, has sealed the deal for me! I'm getting the Photon. I was kinda sorta on the fence (lol).. and well.. his thread has me psyched for this phone!

same here, been lurking for a few months

was on Sprint with the TP2, lost my job 5 months ago and moved to Virgin's $25 plan with LG Optimus

got a new job and am thinking going back to Sprint and getting the Photon...

I prefer it over the Within because I really would like a world phone, I travel quite often

glad to see the Camera is great, the speakerphone quality is a plus, love the kickstand, use it a lot

pretty excited here

Upvote 0
I'm STILL looking forward to getting this phone even after Motorola called me and demanded it back. They tried to give me some BS lines about how they can't give me a Photon for free because they said I unlawfully purchased the one I have. Even after the good PR and unbiased reviews I gave their product. Not to mention all the sales I'm sure I brought to them. They are just plain UNGRATEFUL!

Upvote 0
I'm STILL looking forward to getting this phone even after Motorola called me and demanded it back. They tried to give me some BS lines about how they can't give me a Photon for free because they said I unlawfully purchased the one I have. Even after the good PR and unbiased reviews I gave their product. Not to mention all the sales I'm sure I brought to them. They are just plain UNGRATEFUL!

I don't know why they are giving you such grief. It wasn't so much unlawfully purchased... as it was unlawfully SOLD. :D

You seen a item online for sale.. and you bought it. *shrugs*

What happened to the seller? I'm sure their corporate legal people are all over that person.

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
I don't know why they are giving you such grief. It wasn't so much unlawfully purchased... as it was unlawfully SOLD. :D

You seen a item online for sale.. and you bought it. *shrugs*

What happened to the seller? I'm sure their corporate legal people are all over that person.

I agree. This is not your fault at all. The seller is the person who should be responsible not you.

Upvote 0
hi all, long time lurker, first time poster :)

little history...last phone i personally owned was the LG Dare on V. That was a few years back. i got rid of that as my company supplied me with my crackberry. so, i dropped my V contract in march only to find out in april my company is no longer going to support everyone's phone habbit. my crackberry currently lives with att and i just assume NOT have a phone than stay with att. ironicly, my catch phrase for them is "more dropped calls in more places" (t) <lol> as i always drop calls around san antonio.

anyway, was looking to go back to V as they were going to release this awesome powerhouse of a phone on their lte network (bionic) but as it's STILL has no date, my window to signup a new contract on V has come and gone (july 7th). for me (heavy data user), that just leaves Sprint.

when i found the photon 4g phone lives here and first heard about the specs (mind you i have been following bionic since april), i couldn't believe there has not been more praise about this phone.

to conclude this tid-bit, i am looking to be both a new sprit user (first time), new andriod user (first time) and i am all kinds of crazy excited.

i was pretty much (like 95%) sure i was going to get this phone but <shawheim> reviews and pics drove this home for me :D.

Upvote 0
hi all, long time lurker, first time poster :)

little history...last phone i personally owned was the LG Dare on V. That was a few years back. i got rid of that as my company supplied me with my crackberry. so, i dropped my V contract in march only to find out in april my company is no longer going to support everyone's phone habbit. my crackberry currently lives with att and i just assume NOT have a phone than stay with att. ironicly, my catch phrase for them is "more dropped calls in more places" (t) <lol> as i always drop calls around san antonio.

anyway, was looking to go back to V as they were going to release this awesome powerhouse of a phone on their lte network (bionic) but as it's STILL has no date, my window to signup a new contract on V has come and gone (july 7th). for me (heavy data user), that just leaves Sprint.

when i found the photon 4g phone lives here and first heard about the specs (mind you i have been following bionic since april), i couldn't believe there has not been more praise about this phone.

to conclude this tid-bit, i am looking to be both a new sprit user (first time), new andriod user (first time) and i am all kinds of crazy excited.

i was pretty much (like 95%) sure i was going to get this phone but <shawheim> reviews and pics drove this home for me :D.

Really? I heard the Bionic was 1st week of August from all the blogs and rumors I've read. Is that looking to not be true? Keep in mind, the Bionic was announced WAY back at CES as the "next big thing," so whatever they're working on to make it right, I have no doubt it'll end up being worth the wait.

That said, the Photon is a great device as well, so you're not losing that much by jumping on the bandwagon. Before you do that, I'd double check to see how Sprint service is in your area, as well.

Upvote 0
don't get me wrong. I have had (in the past and currently do thanks to work) att and would not volunteer to go back. I have had v for many years and truly liked the service. I have never had sprint so this will be something new.

I don't disagree with the fact that v opted to tier their data plans like att, I just really wish they would have done it AFTER the bionic was released. once july 7th came and no bionic, I lost all interest in it. that was a deal breaker for me. kinda like spendy crazy money on a fast car only to be forced to put a governor on it. :-\

anyway, sprint is all over SA as is their 4g service. I know it won't equate to v but that's ok. I will make do with the 3g service (when not in 4g) and will be happy to do so for $80/month for 750min (450 +300 a/t min) and u/l data text. no one can beat that and that

Upvote 0
don't get me wrong. I have had (in the past and currently do thanks to work) att and would not volunteer to go back. I have had v for many years and truly liked the service. I have never had sprint so this will be something new.

I don't disagree with the fact that v opted to tier their data plans like att, I just really wish they would have done it AFTER the bionic was released. once july 7th came and no bionic, I lost all interest in it. that was a deal breaker for me. kinda like spendy crazy money on a fast car only to be forced to put a governor on it. :-\

anyway, sprint is all over SA as is their 4g service. I know it won't equate to v but that's ok. I will make do with the 3g service (when not in 4g) and will be happy to do so for $80/month for 750min (450 +300 a/t min) and u/l data text. no one can beat that and that

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Well, I think I made up my mind to pass on this phone. I know shawheim said you had to see the screen in person but if the screens were taken by the same camera, the results can't be denied. even though the screen is nice, it is clearly not as nice as the 3vo or even the within.

The atrix is just now getting GB update and to expect better support from this phone is not going to happen. I would put money on this phone never seeing the ice cream update.

and the way moto is strong arming shawheim, they can keep their phones.

I hope everyone who buys this phone enjoys it to the fullest, I really do. If you need to find me, I will be over in the Evo section.

Peace Rico

Upvote 0
Well, I think I made up my mind to pass on this phone. I know shawheim said you had to see the screen in person but if the screens were taken by the same camera, the results can't be denied. even though the screen is nice, it is clearly not as nice as the 3vo or even the within.

The atrix is just now getting GB update and to expect better support from this phone is not going to happen. I would put money on this phone never seeing the ice cream update.

and the way moto is strong arming shawheim, they can keep their phones.

I hope everyone who buys this phone enjoys it to the fullest, I really do. If you need to find me, I will be over in the Evo section.

Peace Rico

How much on the ice cream bet?

Upvote 0
I'm gonna say this again, the screen on the Photon is just as good, and sometimes better than the screen on the 3D. And as to my pics I took, I was so excited and in a rush that some of them are out of focus. They all would have been better if I had a decent camera and a rig to steady the shots. ill let you guys be the judge of it, but I'm positive you won't be disappointed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones