• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where is the folder to put books on google play books

asian81

Jan 12, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm new and I hope i'm posting in the right section.

I have a nexus 7 tablet and rooted. I wold like to know where exactly is the folder for "PLAY BOOKS" so i can read downloaded books on the google play books app that is on my tablet.

Thanks so much.

Read the post he linked you to. You need to use a different app, and there are suggestions there, if you follow the link and read it. Here's a quote:

"The only books in Google Books are the ones you buy or receive from them...no side loading. There are other reader apps that allow you to load your own books in multiple formats."

Upvote 0
Yes, I discovered the limitations recently and it's very disappointing.
So basically, I have to use Google Books for books I buy from there and another app for books I buy/have bought elsewhere.

I don't know for certain but I understand the kindle app is like that also and will only read books from amazon?

If that is the case one might need 3 different apps to read their stuff. Terrible.

In any case, I am using Moon Reader+ Pro from now on and having nothing to do with Google Books at all, why should I bother buying anything from there if it going to be so "exclusive"?

Upvote 0
Yes, I discovered the limitations recently and it's very disappointing.
So basically, I have to use Google Books for books I buy from there and another app for books I buy/have bought elsewhere.

Yep, that's why I delved into the world of DRM removal. They are my books, and I don't want to organize them primarily by the store I happened to buy them from (not a very useful way to classify books :).

So far, I've found tools for kindle DRM removal and Google Books DRM removal:

Calibre

Reactions: TheAtheistReverend
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones