Where is the LTEGeneral

Last Updated:

1. LMack64

LMack64 Member

This would be the ideal tablet for me but wheres the LTE? After the CES I'm starting to think the LG 8.3 tech is going to age too much for them to bother.

Thoughts, info?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

What LTE? It's a wifi tablet, not a phone tablet. That's like asking where the wings are on a Chevy, and whether GM is going to bother putting them on later.
  3. LMack64

LMack64 Member

Tons of tablets have LTE. I guarantee it will be par for the course by 2015 if not this year. Look at the products revealed at CES. Well over half of them have LTE Capabilities.

I travel all the time for work and most hotels have cruddy internet. I would love to have a 8-9 inch tablet with stock android and LTE for just that. This Nexus 7 LTE is just a little on the small side.
  4. woody1

woody1 Member

LTE could be useful, but I prefer to tether to my phone, anyway. No need to pay for 2 wireless data services.
  5. LMack64

LMack64 Member

Thats a thought. You don't find that you just burn through your data? I guess I'm unsure how much more data you use tethered vs just using it outright.
  6. LMack64

LMack64 Member

Well, just retuned the Nexus 7 LTE before the receipt deadline. I miss it already, but for that price tag i should just be patient and wait for the right thing for me to come along. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Why pay for data when T-Mobile gives you 200MB for free each month :D
  8. LMack64

LMack64 Member

What good is the 200MB if you can't find LTE on the right machine?
  9. LMack64

LMack64 Member

Sounds like it might be coming to Verizon if the evleaks guy has any clout. Too bad I'm an ATT customer. GPE LTE come on now!
  10. woody1

woody1 Member

Obviously, that depends on your personal use pattern. I use mine almost always on wifi. Occasionally, I'm at a spot where the wifi is slow and I switch to tethering from my phone. I don't use much data either way. If you were streaming videos while tethering, you would hit your data limits.
  11. LMack64

LMack64 Member

I've decided to hold off on buying anything until the MWC in February. If nothing of interest is released at that conference then I will just figure out whats best of what already exists.