Where is the proximity sensor on the Droid X?Support

1. mattstud36

mattstud36 Well-Known Member

I just replaced the screen on my Droid X, and now the proximity sensor is not working. The screen goes completely dark as soon as I am in a call making it unable to access the keypad. Does anyone know where it is located, so I can take the phone back apart and look for it? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. fireislander

fireislander Member

Im not sure how specific you need it but the sensor is located between the notification LED and the telephone speaker. Hope that helps
  3. mattstud36

OK, I'll play around with it and see what I can find!
  4. mattstud36

Well, I ripped the whole thing apart again, and I didn't have any luck. I'm still not sure where the thing is. Are there any apps out there that will bypass the proximity sensor?
  5. Tsophika

Tsophika New Member

Matt,

There's a rubber cover that sits directly on top of the sensor. It falls out of place easily. I found out the hard way that the sensor won't work without it in there. ;)
  6. martianable

martianable New Member

You know.... I thought ..... this little rubber piece ...... can't be THAT important .... It's not like it's electrical, so what harm could it be to not figure out where it fell out of ..... It's just a little rubber cusion or something .... I'll hold the phone with more love and kindness, and make sure not to drop it again - what can it hurt NOT to put it back .....

I also learned the hard way, but happy to say I saved that little piece of rubber -
    go ELIXER ! cool little app !

Now all i need to do is figure out how to do a nandriod backup and I'm onto a ROM or two - why didn't I do this a year and a half ago !

thanks to all the contributors here !

Marty

AND yes - it's working now ! woo hoo !