• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root where is the Quattro coolpad rooting guide?

EpicDude

Lurker
Sep 23, 2010
I looked at the thread entitled "Quattro 4G: All Things Root Guide"
and while it talked about the quide and tools and downloads, I couldn't find a like for the actual guide...can someone help me? I'm going to buy a quattro but it's not good to me if I can't root it.
Thanks

I was wandering around the internet and found this site How TO Root Coolpad Quattro 4G
I don't know the validity of it and was wondering if any of the developers could look at it maybe let us know if it's legitimate or not. if the link dosen't work i copied the instructions I could post them.
doesn't seem very trustworthy it talks about htc driver and WiMAX 4G

Upvote 0
I was wandering around the internet and found this site

How TO Root Coolpad Quattro 4G

I don't know the validity of it and was wondering if any of the developers could look at it maybe let us know if it's legitimate or not. if the link dosen't work i copied the instructions I could post them.

They just copied the htc tutorial and substituted "coolpad" in the place of "HTC".

Fake.

Upvote 0
I was wandering around the internet and found this site

How TO Root Coolpad Quattro 4G

I couldn't even complete the first push. I am not a dev.

C:\Users\jayj>cd evoroot
The system cannot find the path specified.
C:\Users\jayj>desktop
‘desktop’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
C:\Users\jayj>cd evoroot
The system cannot find the path specified.
C:\Users\jayj>cd c:\Users\jayj>desktop>evoroot
C:\Users\jayj>adb push root/unrevoked-forever.zip /sdcard/
‘adb’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
C:\Users\jayj>push root/unrevoked-forever.zip /sdcard/
‘push’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
C:\Users\jayj>

Upvote 0
phones that are not popular in the metro pcs community usually dont see any real developing action for root and recovery. also ill point out most of these low end asian phones come with unlocked bootloader i know the last zte phone was completley unlocked. the coolpad phone is a new brand not much about it is known.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My wife's friend gave ne her cool pad and I tried this method but it doesn't work, like seriously it doesn't work, the commands didn't even go through. I gave up, then she said to sell it... LOL
Point made don't try this method as the post above me says z4root only works for 2.2, 2.1 and lower ... gingerbreak doesn't work either even though its for gingerbread platforms

Upvote 0
We have a new in house dev and hes made a sunforum dedicated to such android devices that have not been even bothered to be looked at by other devs. I'm not saying hes willing to do it but our fellow dev/member shabbypenguin has been finally officially labled dev on androidforums. if i was you guys i would make a thread on his subforum and ask. im sure he will need some files from you guys or what not. but hey if you guys want root and recovery its all worth the effort.

Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad (OUDHS) - Android Forums

Upvote 0
it's quite infuriating that I cant do anything with this phone. even if it was to remove the bolatwear that comes with it, it's unbearable. and the fact that most apps cannot be moved to the SD card because of whatever reason. when we both had admires we never had this problem. I rooted them and everything was better. simple as that. can't afford a new phone for the wife and I tried to talk her into an LG motion like I have but she wanted nothing of the sort. /sigh

I'm going to continue looking elsewhere and post any findings I have here hopefully some day soon we'll get it. I'm not a developer by any stretch of the imagination but I'm determined

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones