• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root where is the Quattro coolpad rooting guide?

I played around with a Coolpad Q in a store a couple of months ago while shopping for a 4G phone for my wife. I tried drafting a mock SMS message, and OMG... That keyboard froze up repeatedly. Even after killing off all apps and services it still did it. I knew the phone was a complete POS less than a minute after picking it up. It's really too bad, the Quattro has a good feel and a gorgeous display. I spent the extra $70 and got the Motion instead, and very glad I did....

I feel a root exploit would do the CPQ a lot of good, but nobody wants anything to do with it. And since Metro sent an update to Coolpad owners, EVERYBODY is complaining about them now :( I'm almost tempted to scoop one up on eBay when they drop to $25!! Hopefully somebody will find an exploit for it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones