• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where is VZW Song ID?

Shazam has always worked great for me unless there is a ton of background noise...

I tested Shazam once in a crowded and loud restaurant where we could hardly here the song over the speakers. I didn't expect it to hear it, let alone identify it since it was a little bit older song, but it worked flawlessly and impressed the friends I was with. Unfortunately there were no iphones in the group to make mad because my phone actually worked. lol

Anyways, there have been only a couple of times where Shazam hasn't worked for me. Some brand new songs by smaller artists don't always show up. Also every so often Shazam database goes down or they take it down for maintenance but it's normally back up an hour later or so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones