Where should I buy and what should I buy for T-mo "Unlimited Web for phones"

Last Updated:

1. trump29

trump29 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I just decided that I want a Nexus One since it looks like a great phone and can take advantage of T-mobile's $10 a month "Unlimited Web for phones" plan. My problem is that I don't know where to buy the thing, or what to buy exactly.

I've been looking on ebay and there are lots of "For T-Mobile" "For AT&T" "Unlocked" "From Factory" comments, with ending prices ranging from $300 to $1100.

Since the $10 plan is kind of a social hack in that T-Mobile thinks it's a dumbphone, should I specifically avoid their branded one since they'd recognize it? Will it not work with one that says "For AT&T"? Are there better places than ebay to buy these things now?

Advertisement
  2. defiantbeast

defiantbeast Well-Known Member

If your gonna use it on tmobile then get the tmobile version otherwise you wont have 3g speeds. ebay offers some pretty good deals you may even get a dock out of it. Craigslist is also good because if you arrange it properly then you shoulod be able to play with it before you pay for it to make sure it works. If your going with ebay stay away from sellers that have low ratings and no refund policies. theres also a few online retailers that are selling it. Buying it from there will net you a warranty, so you have options just way them out.

eric1589 likes this.
  3. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

last i checked, J&R via amazon.com still had some in stock! hurry and get them!

4. trump29

trump29 New Member This Topic's Starter

I ended up getting a used one from a guy on Craigslist for $350. So far so good, it's in great condition and everything is working just as I had hoped!

5. eric1589

eric1589 Active Member

good to hear...or read