where should i buy it?

Last Updated:

1. bradmatic

bradmatic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi,

so i've decided on the x, but i can't make up my mind where i should get it.

my two personal choices are wirefly (179 + their insurance) or best buy (199 + their insurance).

i'm def not going through the vzw retail store.. unless someone can give me a good reason why i should. (i don't have the extra 100 sitting around, and don't want to wait for the MIR)

i'm going to be porting my number from straight talk (former vzw number).. so i have to deal with that crap.

anyone have tips.. tricks.. pointers.. advice for running the other way?

thx

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Evansville....wow, small world. I'm originally from Owensboro! :)

I'd say Best Buy. I've seen and heard some negative things about wirefly. Right now the only place that anyone can seemingly find the X though in stock is Wal Mart....so maybe try local??

bradmatic likes this.
  3. slay65

slay65 Active Member

I bought online from Verizon so I had an instant rebate. While verizon's tracking system is not very good ( in my experience) I did get the phone 1 day after I order it. Of course now it is back ordered, but I would expect Verizon online to get it in stock sooner then best buy or wirefly.

bradmatic likes this.
  4. bradmatic

bradmatic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks..

yeah, i'm in evv. wal-mart has $50 off right now ($149).. through the end of tonight (7/19). too bad i can't take advantage of it. however, it's backordered on wal-mart's website as well.

is the best buy geek squad insurance worth it. it sure sounds like it has a few pluses. new phone.. not refurb if they need to replace is just one.

i had completely forgot about vzw online.. duh.

another question. if you order from a vzw reseller or retailer.. can you still get service at the retail store?

5. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

Certain 3rd party retailers include their own special terms and conditions so please read the fine print very carefully. Walmart generally offers a painless experience. The rest of them, well, just be very careful for any additional etfs or other "gotchas" that may be included in their terms.

Ordering online from VZW's website does get you an instant rebate instead of a mail in rebate. Current device orders should ship no later than 07/27/2010.