Where should I buy this awesome phone?

1. dwhip25

dwhip25 Well-Known Member

I am new to the smartphone scene. I have an ipod touch and know I don't want an iphone. The inspire looks incredible and I really want to get it. Should I get it at ATT, Radio Shack, or Best Buy? I was soured on ATT because my phone died 4 days after my warranty and they wouldn't help me out. Who offers the best/least expensive warranty program? What's the difference in buying at these places? I have an update coming on 3/11 and can't wait. Will give me time to read reviews. Go STEELERS!!!

Advertisement

2. For me I have had nothing but good experiences with Best buy. If I was you i would check them out and see where you feel like they got their stuff together
  3. dwhip25

dwhip25 Well-Known Member

Somewhat negative on best buy because I had a friend who worked there and said most of their people were full of crap. What's their warranty program like? Like I said, my phone stopped working 4 days after warranty, so I feel I need to get some type of protection.
  4. the black tie protection is pretty good and lets be honest no protection plan is perfect and most ( not all )of the employees at AT&T, Best buy and the shack are idiots making minimum wage
  5. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member

If I end up buying the phone from Best Buy or Radioshack... all I'd have to do is pop the sim into the Inspire right? Or is there some change in plan that's needed like it used to be coming from Blackberry? Or will I need to visit the ATT store no matter what to activate it or anything else?

There's a best buy 5 minutes from my house, but ATT and Radioshack are about 20 minutes... so just wondering how to plan my day on Sunday.
  6. they will have to give you a new sim as the iphone 4 uses a micro sim and inspire uses a macro sim, nothing else would change
    thoffland likes this.
  7. Allenfx

Allenfx Well-Known Member

Can you buy the insurance through AT&T? IT WAS not available for iphone but when i had it prior to that you were covered for ANYTHING. PRETTY worth it for 4.99 a month on a $450 and up phone.
  8. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

:D :D :D

honestly,

3rd party retailers have the best insurance. Black tie is a personal favorite, and radioshack has a good inexpensive one as well
  9. lol yea i agree black tie is good
  10. mattbe213

mattbe213 Well-Known Member

For me, anybody I've had to work with at at&t has been pretty knowledgeable about the phones. If I ever work for at&t, I'll know about phones, so you can come to my at&t and talk to someone who has a clue.

Matt
  11. Ferrari353

Ferrari353 Well-Known Member

I hate Best Buy with a passion. They've screwed me over so many times on warranties and stuff and their customer service is the worst ever.
  12. cool let me know lol
  13. MarcMaiden

just a word of advice my friend,

when you are in the interview with AT&T,
    mention sales more than phones. Even though you know a lot, thats not what they are concerned about. They want someone who can sell. So incorporate your knowledge of phones in to sales tactics when you are an interview with them.

"I know a lot about many devices which allows me to give the customer the best phone and experience possible" (they are big on the word "experience")

just a heads up my friend!
  14. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

How so? I never buy insurance policies on consumer electronics, so it's not a concern for me. I'm just curious as to what kind of stuff they've pulled.
  15. Ferrari353

Well I bought a laptop from them and it came with 1-year insurance, and after 6 months, the hard drive just stopped working. I went in, they said "no, we can't help you unless you bought a geek squad extended warranty" blah blah blah all this crap. After three months of fighting Best Buy my dad finally got them to fix it.
    Just recently, I lost my wallet with a Best Buy store credit and when I called them, they said "take the receipt to the store where you got it, and they can replace it" and when I went in, they told me they don't have records of store credits because they are just like cash. I was like wtf?? Seriously, if there's no record, how can they be spent. By the time I finally got Best Buy to fix the problem, it had been spent and they wouldn't replace the lost value.
    My sister's boyfriend bought her this built in ipod thingy for her car and it came with free installation. After they bought it, the guy was like "oh no, we can't install this because you didn't buy it from the audio section" so they returned it, went back to the audio section, bought it for the exact same price, and got it installed.
    Best Buy just has serious customer service problems....
  16. Loiselle

Loiselle Well-Known Member

I'm getting mine via customer service and the cancellation department through AT&T. I would much rather go to the store to get mine, so I could have it on launch day... but this is the only way.
  17. mwiles629

mwiles629 Member

Will Best Buy & Radio Shack be able to upgrade me? I'm currently out of contract and will be upgrading for the $100.00. I also read that we will be getting new sim cards for the HSPA+ network. So what do I do?
  18. MarcMaiden

best buy and radio shack can do upgrades no problem.

where did you read about new sim cards? I work for AT&T and have heard nothing about new sim cards. When I had hands on with the Atrix, the unit that was connect to HSPA+ didnt have an HSPA+ sim card, it had the normal 3g one.

but if it does require a new sim card, it could also explain the slow speeds with the reviewers
  19. Ferrari353

From what I've seen in review videos, the sim card does look much bigger, but that's in comparison to the microSD card and I don't even remember how big it is. I put one in my phone and haven't touched it since...haha
    It still seemed quite large in comparison to the phone...
  20. Androidjunkee

Androidjunkee Well-Known Member

I just started a new thread on this. Hopefully we can get a confirmation, maybe from you?? lol

I mean you are our local ATT guy and all
  21. mwiles629

mwiles629 Member

If you work for at&t I will take your word about the sim card!
    Thanks!

OK I just found where I read it. I'll Try and post it below.
  22. MarcMaiden

I was expecting to see new sim cards on its way in inventory by now (if we were to have new sim cards) and nothing has shown up in inventory....just cases, screen protectors, and the actual inspire itself. Maybe they are hidden with the inspire...we'll see
  23. YouGotRedOnYou

YouGotRedOnYou Well-Known Member

not in stock rooms yet?
  24. MarcMaiden

nope, usually the phones arrive 2-3 days before launch

trust me, you would have seen a video by now if they were in inventory ;)
  25. Blanco720

Blanco720 Well-Known Member

I called to upgrade over the phone 1-800-331-0500. They said they couldnt help me because it hadn't shown up on their grid yet. Is this something that I will have to wait until after launch or will it show up on friday or saturday sometime? do you have any information on this?