Where should I buy this awesome phone?

1. YouGotRedOnYou

YouGotRedOnYou Well-Known Member

Dude! I'm geek enough with phones, I would watch that. Then make my wife sit and watch it, and listen to me babble on how awesome it was to watch! lol
  2. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

yeah, you might have to call on the actual launch date because at&t was not doing pre orders on this.
  3. MarcMaiden

could you imagine if it was your wife that dragged you to watch a geeky tech video?
    she would be from brazil
    tanned
    tall
    and know how to root and overclock her droid

girl of my dreams where arreeeee yoooouuuu
  4. YouGotRedOnYou

Oh, man! That would be AWESOME! That would make me fall in love all over again. lol
  5. MarcMaiden

you better have enough money after buying the inspire for something nice on valentines day!

I can see some of our forum brothers spending too much time on the inspire and too little time saving their relationships hahahha

6. Not this guy. My woman is my heart. My phone is just my toy
  7. YouGotRedOnYou

Quoted for accuracy!!!!!
    AndreaCristiano likes this.
  8. harlenm

harlenm Well-Known Member

Who has the best return policy? I'm buying the phone non contract price.

At&t told me there is a $35 restocking fee if I return it.
    Radioshack said no restocking fee, but the guy was a moron.

What about Best Buy? Will Costco have this phone on launch day?
  9. MarcMaiden

3rd party retailers usually do not have restocking fees,

AT&T does, and its $25
  10. harlenm

I was told $35 or 10% for an iphone.
  11. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

BB doesn't have a restocking fee, so I wouldn't be surprised if RS doesn't either.

Although, if you pre-order the phone, you have to buy that non-refundable $50 GC. I wonder if you decide to return the phone, if they'll give you back another non-refundable $50 GC plus whatever's leftover in the original payment method. Basically ensuring that they will always have at least $50 of your money.
  12. harlenm

Do you have 30 days from Best Buy like you do from at&t?

Can I preorder it from Best Buy?

13. Yes you have 30 and no pre order
  14. dwhip25

dwhip25 Well-Known Member

I have an employee plan that gives me a bit of a discount. Can Radio Shack handle that or will I have to go to ATT to upgrade? I am somewhat happy I have to wait a month to early upgrade (3/13) so I get to hear all the reviews and see what other phones are on the horizon. This will be my first smartphone so I am willing to wait until my contract is up in July if it means a significantly better phone.
  15. MarcMaiden

what kind of employee plan? last time i checked employees do not get discounts on phones....in fact no one get discounts on phones.
  16. Chapp1e

Chapp1e Well-Known Member

Think he means he gets a discount through his company that he works for.

i get this as well, but only on plans (I get about 21% off my bill through my company).
  17. MarcMaiden

thats what i thought.

Unfortunately those discounts do not work on the phones, just the accessories and bill
  18. dwhip25

Sorry for the confusion. Chapp1e is right. I get a discount on my bill through my company. I just want to make sure that when I sign up for a data plan (currently using a bar phone) with the inspire that that information will continue with ATT even if I buy the phone and sign up for the data plan through Radio Shack. I realize I can go through customer service if it doesn't but don't want to deal with the hassle.

Also, does anyone buy the protection plan (radio shack specifically) with their smartphone? I have gone through 2 bar phones in my 1.5 years with ATT (not from dropping it or getting it wet, just dumb luck) and would rather not have to pay 450 to replace the inspire. Thoughts?

And since I am typing while drinking some great KY bourbon, when I do my early upgrade on 3/13 will I get the phone at $99 or have to pay more since technically my contract is up 7/11. Thanks for the help. Sorry, just new to this since I never really felt like paying a bunch for a phone until now. Also a drink for the person that gives me my first "thanks." : )
  19. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

Clarifying this.

COR = $35 restock on all devices except for Iphones, which are 10% of purhcase price.

Accessories carry no re-stock fees.
  20. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

Clarifying this as well.

It depends on the FAN.

A lot of FANS will have Handset discounts, however usually they only qualify on new activations and/or only on the retail value on the phone. It would not be applied to any subsidized pricing.
  21. dwhip25

Can someone "in the know" (ie Marc or Yaken or Andrea, etc) answer my questions from a few replies above? Thanks!
    Bosco3 likes this.
  22. antioch216

antioch216 Well-Known Member

so, didn't read all the posts, but I've got a question:

I heard only corporate store can handle the Unlimited plans...but they have the phone for $100. Can any other stores do my plan and have it cheaper? (besides Costco, the closest one is in Austin, Texas which is about an hour drive)
  23. antioch216

I believe you'll get the $99, but a $18 early upgrade fee. Call *639# (should be NEW) and it'll tell you exactly when you can upgrade.
    dwhip25 likes this.
  24. dwhip25

Any way of getting the $18 waived if I buy it at radio shack?
  25. antioch216

dwhip25 likes this.