• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to buy $30 plan?

noahj1102

Sep 21, 2011
Got my N5 for myself and N4 for the wife. Received the sim card for both phones from T Mobile yesterday.

Went to my Wally World and they had nothing. Two different employees acted like I was an idiot when I asked for them. They had tons of the refills but none of the activation ones.

I looked online but got confused on which I needed.

Can someone provide a direct link to the new activation $30 prepaid?

The only way to get the 30 dollar prepaid plan is to buy a prepaid sim kit either in a store or T-Mobile's prepaid website. Then activate it online using the instructions that come with the kit. The 30 dollar plan should be one of the options available when you go through the activation process, so pay very close attention during that process.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
OK cool, got the sim for both phones.

What are the refills for? Is that I buy after the initial month?

Refills are one way to load your account with funds to pay for service. You could also use a credit card to load funds. I personally like to buy my refill cards from best buy and earn reward points for paying my phone bill ;).

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
So do you have to renew each month online or does it automatically renew each month and then just cancel whenever you like?

If you go the refill card route, you have to do it whenever you're low. You can put more than what's needed into the account to pay for multiple months at a time and it will auto deduct the necessary amount. Or you could set up a credit card and enable automatic refilling and not have to do a thing until you want to stop service.

Upvote 0
Tmobile has went funny since they merger . Any plan you get u need 10 dollars for data . Yes any plan including the contact you need 10.00.so you really would be 40.00

It's not that way for me. I buy a 30 dollar refill card and that's all I need each month. It deducts exactly 30 each month and I have about 5 dollars extra in my account just in case I need extra minutes.

Upvote 0
Tmobile has went funny since they merger . Any plan you get u need 10 dollars for data . Yes any plan including the contact you need 10.00.so you really would be 40.00

Huh? Completely FALSE. I've been on the $30 plan for 6months now with my N4 and pay $30 per month and .75 tax for a total of $30.75/month. That's it! No BS line you were fed.

Again, DO NOT ask store reps about this plan! They either will say it doesn't exist, don't know what your talking about or make up BS like they did to you to spend another $10 for data/month?! LMAO.

Just go to the direct link someone posted above and all will work 100% perfectly. Then refill your account each month for $30 via online with a credit card or refill card from a 3rd party. DONE DEAL and your saving $$$ each month!

Couldn't be happier to toss VZW to the curb earlier this year. :p

Upvote 0
It looks like postpaid and prepaid are run like two separate companies.

The prepaid side of things is cheaper partly because the T-Mobile retail stores do not have to provide support for them. That said, I've been on the $30/mo plan since February 2012 and in that time I've had a much better support experience both in-store and on the phone than I had in the preceding years as an AT&T postpaid customer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones