Where to buy an Android Phone Without Contract Extension?

Last Updated:

1. pWndYke

pWndYke Banned This Topic's Starter

Where can I buy an Android OS Phone for TMobile? I really want to start using android phones really bad. It can be online or offline. Thanks in plenty :)

Advertisement
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

look on ebay..
    or
    craigslist.org

depending on your budget.. what you might get.

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I always find it curious how difficult it can be to buy a non-contract phone in the US. In Asia you can buy them off the street anywhere in town.

4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

You can buy them directly from TMO at the full price... but most are generally unwilling to do that. Full price, depending on the model, will probably be between $400 and $700...

5. pWndYke

pWndYke Banned This Topic's Starter

Yeah...I know...I just wanted an android phone without extending my contract or paying full price. Thanks anyways guys :(

6. kb58

kb58 Well-Known Member

Buy a used one.

7. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

I dont know where you are at... but if you look in asian shopping areas... they will have a independent cell shops. They sell all sort of cell phones that you can find and can not find in direct cell shops.

you can buy at full price... and they do barter!

8. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

No offense, but I am not sure what you were expecting. Why would people sign contracts if they could just get cheap phones without doing so?

9. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

Yes buying with a contract is the best way to go. Unless you want to shell out a few hundred either thru T-Mo, ebay or craigslist as other members have already mentioned.

Even here in AZ the crummy Behold 2 is still selling on craigslist for around $200

10. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

Are you ever going to just give up having a cell? If not, extend your contract and be done with it. Or you can buy one outright and spend 3 times as much.

11. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Those are your choices unless you go used. You get a subsidy in exchange for a contract.

Unless you need the flexibility of not being stuck with a contract. As always, best is subjective regardless of topic. Don't assume that everyone's needs/wants are identical to your own.

That's not the only thing to consider. What if he wants to jump ship? One also has a bit more leverage when not under contract and subject to ETF.