Where to buy extended battery?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. groovejedi

groovejedi Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys. I love my Droid X and I get awesome battery life under the right conditions. Using Tasker extends this even further, but even without a tasker profile today, I unplugged at 8am and at 4pm I was at 80 percent with moderate usage. This was after doing a full cycle charge last night. However, I'm greedy for more and I want to buy the extended battery but not sure where I can find it for a good price. Any recommendations?

Advertisement
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

any verizon store or verizon online.

3. groovejedi

The Verizon stores here never have them. And I said a GOOD price, not a ripoff. hahaha :)

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

not many places are selling them besides verizon. and if you buy it from verizon you get free overnight. at least i did. anywhere else you need to pay shipping.

5. Booya

Booya Well-Known Member

Just bought mine on Verizon. Figure i do that now before they sell out again.

6. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

7. BCox

BCox Well-Known Member

8. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Only real benefit is the fact that the Innocell does not require the new battery cover.

9. BCox

BCox Well-Known Member

I guess thats a benefit...sort of. But I'll take twice as much juice-age at the "cost" of 1mm

10. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from the VZW site. Found a coupon online for free next day shipping too :)

11. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

12. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

Hello Jesus,
    seidio is known for making extended batteries in slim form.

13. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Guy I talked to said he complained about his battery life and verizon sent him an extended one. Worth a shot.

14. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

If you have a fitted case 1mm can matter. So it can be a trade off at times for certain people. I know 1mm does not bother me but I do not like the look of the new door. It kind of takes away from the smooth lines of the phone. And I also know that you can force the old door on with the extended battery but there has to be a reason they are including a new door that is designed differently. My guess is that it creates some stress points on the old door so over time it could cause problems.

15. BCox

BCox Well-Known Member

Okay....I did not think of that. I don't think I would mind the extra mm, but I don't know how I would feel about changing the sleekness of the back of the phone.

I guess I would keep both batteries, and choose which one depending on what I thought my usage would be...keep the regular one when I'm just heading to classes, but sacrifice its fly looks for extra juice when i knew I wouldnt be home for the weekend...

16. groovejedi

My next question is ... can you use the stock battery with the extended battery door? In other words, if you're away from a charger for a long period of time and the extended battery dies and you have the old one as a backup, you don't have to carry the old door with it.