Where to buy in the USA?

Last Updated:

1. Jaybot

Jaybot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know this wont be released stateside, but anyone know of any places that might carry it? Or is importing my only option?

Also, does anyone have confirmation if this phone will work with Tmobile 3G?

Advertisement
  2. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

3. Jaybot

Will this is just perfect then :)

Is their an official release date for the phone yet?

4. ray_smuckles

ray_smuckles Member

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. Nothing has been officially announced as far as US availability. I have seen only one rumor claiming that it will be stateside to T-Mobile and that doesn't seem to have really gone anywhere - I Got More Bravo For You AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Android news.

The only rumors I've seen to gain any real traction are the ones about AT&T.

As for getting an import, I think it is a pretty safe assumption that it will NOT support T-Mobile US 3G (i.e. Edge only) because of the difference in 3G frequencies.

5. Jaybot

Is their any confirmation when it's even going to be released? This would be my first Android phone that I very interested in purchasing... Only if it will work with Tmobile's 3G network..

6. ray_smuckles

ray_smuckles Member

According to this article, All 5 Major UK Networks To Offer the HTC Desire | Android Phone Fans
    the Desire will come to the five major carriers in the UK starting March 26th on T-Mobile UK and some time in April on Orange UK.

If compatibility with T-Mobile US's 3G network is the main determining factor, I don't believe you will be interested in any of these. But if you are okay with dealing with Edge network only, then I'd imagine they'd start to become available via importers shortly after the initial release.