• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to buy OEM charger?

thenew3

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
CA
So I bought a used XYboard 8.2 and it didn't come with a charger.

I've tried using the 2A 10Watt ipod charger, a 2.1A 10 Watt 3rd party charger, 1A 5Watt charger from my S3, 1A 5Watt charger from a Razr maxx.

The results are the same, either the device doesn't charge (it says its charging but after 24 hours, still shows 0% charge), or it takes a super long time to charge (sometimes 48 to 72 hours to charge from 0% to 100%).

All of the charger shows as unapproved charger on the status bar.

So anyone know where I can find an original xyboard charger? I've checked with verzion, they seem to only have the 8 watt car charger.

None of the stores around here or online sells the original 8 watt home/travel charger that I can find.

thanks

You'll also want to get the 90' ADAPTER, MOTOROLA P/N SKN 6258(A). (Available on eBay & AMAZON).

It's not required, but, you find this adapter will take some of the stress off of the charging port on your XYBOARD,as the cord on the charger is quite long & therefore heavy, which in turn stresses the port.

You may want to order 2 or more, this adapter will fit any MICRO USB device where a 90' adapter is desired.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones