Where to buy steinheil protector?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. blackbook88

blackbook88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't find this protector anywhere. Sold out on amazon, sold out on the main website. Where/when can I get the crystal clear protector?

Advertisement
  2. hob0d4n

hob0d4n Well-Known Member

Try looking for it on their website

3. blackbook88

blackbook88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sold out, first place I looked. lol.

4. hob0d4n

hob0d4n Well-Known Member

i found a few anti-glare on ebay. didnt have any crystal clear

5. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

Ebay is where me and my brother got ours.

6. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Got mine in last week from Amazon. The Crystal Clear. Love it.

7. DROID_nation

DROID_nation Member

Amazon as well. $ 16 free shipping. The best screen protector I have ever used.

8. Top Quark

Top Quark New Member

Another vote for Amazon. Just bought a spare set a few days ago.

I've tried most of the popular screen protectors on various devices: Phantom Skinz, Invisible Shield, Ghost Armour, Best Skins Ever etc. and IMO Steinheil is the best of the bunch. Easy application (no spray to mix, no liquid on your device screen, no waiting for bubbles under the screen to absorb while your device is turned off, etc.). Indeed the Steinheil is crystal clear and doesn't dim the screen resolution one bit.

If you don't mind my $0.02 on installation:

Clean the screen with the cloth they send you and use those little lint removal stickers they also include to get your screen perfectly free of any residual dust. Take your time here and do this well because the Steinheil is so clear that you'll see any lint under the screen if you don't. I learned this the hard way and ended up having to use my second screen to get a perfect installation once I botched the first with lint fibers visible under my protector the first time around.

Before you apply the protector, lay it on your Droid screen with the protective backing intact and get a mental image of how you want to "center" the Steinheil on your DX screen. With that image in mind (the amount of "relief" on each side of the screen), peel back about 1/2" (1 cm) of the backing and hold the backing rolled under on each side of the Steinheil (between your index fingers and thumbs). Then gently apply the top sticky edge of the Steinheil exactly where you want it on the top of your DX screen from that mental image. The hardest part is getting the leading edge of the protector placed and started precisely where you want it to be. The directions say to peel back a third or so of the backing but I've done a couple now and starting with a smaller amount of the sticky surface exposed initially let's you gently lift it off and try again if need be to get the Steinheil perfectly centered top to bottom and side to side. Once you have it started centered and square, the rest is a breeze. With the top of the protector laid down, gently and slowly peel back the backing as you roll the protector on to and down the screen. The Steinheil will almost apply itself and will smoothly attach to your Droid screen. If you get an air bubble, slowly lift the protector up and off the screen a bit and the bubble will disappear. Then proceed again. By doing this and applying a small section at a time, I doubt you'll have to even use the air bubble remover card that they include. Once it was on, I then used a soft cloth to work out the few fine air bubbles at the edges of the Steinheil.

Sorry if I've given more detail here than you wanted but it will literally take you 30 seconds to apply a Steinheil with perfect results. Anyway, I hope this helps some.

You're going to love a Steinheil I'm sure!

9. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member

i bought mine from cretouch.com but i think they're sold out too, but u can check

10. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i was looking today as well. I already have an anti FP one from SGP installed but i want to try the crystal clear ones.

11. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Never purchased from these guys myself but Google provided the link...

IXNAY on the inklay. Turns out they are not so reputable. See below, my apologies.

GMB

12. polecats03

polecats03 Active Member

jxker and GrandMasterB like this.
  13. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

GrandMasterB likes this.
  14. GrandMasterB

15. rehpyc

rehpyc Well-Known Member

I had recently bought the screen Ultra Crystal clear screen protector from Amazon, but I have yet to put one on. After I bought them, I had to ask myself.. it's Gorilla glass.. wouldn't anything that's edgy enough to damage the glass enough to go through the protector and damage the glass anyways?

16. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

you can find them on online store [​IMG]

17. cman17

cman17 New Member

I found them (Ultra Crystal) in stock at HandHeldItems.com. Very easy to order and I received them in 4 business days. They are AMAZING btw.

18. GrandMasterB

Can you provide a link please?

GMB