• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Where to find development help?

Hey everyone!

As I've noticed, I don't think this development comunity is quite developed enough (which is understandable, because its a HUGE forum) and I am the head of XynTeq Development, and I created forums for us to try and make an android development specific forum!

We'd love to have all of you join, we're currently looking for staff, so if we like what we see, you may just get a PM from one of the admins.

Forums are at forums.xytneq.com

we also have an android development competition for any new or experienced developers with great prizes, including cash! Android Development Competition

Upvote 0
Hello,
Sorry, this is gonna sound like an advertisement, but I am just a very happy customer and I hope to alert others to this great tool.

If that bothers you, please delete this or proceed to the next post.

I have been a developer for many years. We used to have to do everything the hard way. Then in the early 90s, development environments and IDE's were invented. Productivity shot through the roof.

I was not looking forward to learning Eclipse, Java, and the SDK.

I just found Basic4Android at basic4ppc.com. I am tickled pink.

Check it out. They have tutorials and examples. They also have a free trial. The standard version is on special for $39 right now.

Barry.

Upvote 0
Please don't use what canalrun here is talking about. The apps made by Basic4Android is not java, its a Visual Basic like language. If you are going to learn to develop Android apps, please use Java or C++, just like Google intended. You will have much more understanding of what is going on if you write the xml's for instance your self.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones