Where to find firmwares?

Last Updated:

1. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

if there's anyone who's previously owned an LG phone, please report here how you used to get your firmware updates (other than through the update program delivered by LG). Most brands have at least some sort of community firmware repository, but you've got to find it ;)

I'd also be interested in an insight in the naming scheme employed by LG for their firmwares. Currently there are reports about versions V10A, V10B and V10C, but are these really consecutive versions, or are they 3x the same version 10 but localized?

I've already tried to 'persuade' my firmware update program to download version V10C by selecting 'Europe' (which has V10C, not B) but that didn't work.

Advertisement
  2. dryhte

3. Giannis

Giannis Member

I have a question about firmware update... i have downloaded the tools from lg so i can update my lg phone... i saw that in greece the V10b is available, and i have V10a. but when i try to update it, it says that my phone is up to date.
    is there anything i can do to update my phone to the next firmware?

4. dryhte

Well I think you could try to install the version I linked to; however, though there are some posts floating around on the internet about flashing with kdz files, I haven't yet tried one and I can't afford to screw up the phone right now :) still looking for a really good howto.

5. dryhte

According to what I've found (for GT540 phones, mind you), you could use the following program to install .kdz files on your phone: KDZ Updater English. Apparently, you'd first have to install the (included) msxml.msi, and then run the KDZ_FW_UPD.exe with the following settings: 3GQCT DIAG.
    Personally I'm holding off trying this out until the next GAOSP nightly has been released so I can at least use one Android phone reliably ;) but if someone dare try this out, I'm crossing my fingers for you.