Where to Find HTC OEM ChargerAccessories

Last Updated:

1. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All I see on HTC's website is the micro-USB cable. Where do I find the actual charger if I want a second one?

Advertisement
  2. winstonoboogie

winstonoboogie Well-Known Member

Call them. A very nice lady in their parts department informed me I could purchase another one of the USB wall adapters for the low, low price of only $35!

I asked about an OEM car charger for the Incredible, she said it exists but is backordered.

3. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

Makes sense since everything else Incredible is back-ordered why not the charger

4. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

5. upther

upther Well-Known Member

6. cap'n crunch

cap'n crunch Active Member

I have the iGo charging system as I have other devices (video player, iPod, laptop, etc). You get one or two tips with intial purchase and can get additional tips for about $9. It includes both A/C and D/C capabilites, has a small bag to carry it, eliminates the need for multiple cords and works great! I bought mine at Radio Shack over a year ago but have seen it elsewhere.

7. Taylored

Be careful with other OEM chargers... http://androidforums.com/support-tr...-blackberry-charger-killed-my-incredible.html

That being said, I use my brothers Mdroid(and vice versa) and it works fine.

Looks like a good option, but I make it a point to never ever buy anything that has a lower case "i"... iCopies drive me nuts.

8. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

Be advised that that thread is FUD. The OP of that thread surmises that because his phone malfunctioned, it was due to being connected to a BB charger. Any properly functioning micro USB charger should work as they conform to the same general spec. What the OP in that thread keyed in on was that the BB charger pushed lower current. The only effect that this has is a slower rate of charge.

GrandMasterB, howarmat and Taylored like this.
  9. Taylored

Hmm, I did not really read the thread in its entirety. I thought it sounded a little off. Seems like a slower rate of charge would be a good thing. Thanks for the clarification.

10. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Yeah, that thread was bogus. Plenty of people, some with over qualified backgrounds, explained why he was wrong. The whole thread is silly.

If you want to avoid the iCopy, check out Gomadic. It's the same tip swap theory and the stuff of theirs I've used in the past has worked awesome.

11. SeattleYanksFan

Ahh.. that BB thread is what scared me off of anything not made by HTC. Granted, I only read it in its infancy.

Maybe I'll just get a 3rd party charger. HTC, as much as I love you, your accessory prices are thievery. I meant $15 for a micro-USB cord?

12. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

Wow that looks like an very affordable and decent way of going

13. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

14. Taylored

I just realized my Kindle2 charger works for my Dinc. The cord is also half a meter longer.

15. cap'n crunch

cap'n crunch Active Member

Yeah - it is really a convenient way to consolidate everything. Plus, with my wife and son's devices, we use the available splitter and charge two devices at the same time. This works like a charm in the car.

16. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering how long does it take to charge a device and does it really work like the website says it does?

17. SeattleYanksFan

I just realized my LG charger for my bluetooth headset is microUSB. Would anyone who knows about this amperage and voltage stuff be kind enough to read the specs and tell me if it's safe to use on my Incredible? Thanks

Attached Files:

18. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

Sorry.. double post