Where to get 2.1 or 2.2 ?General

Last Updated:

1. macavely

macavely Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

To those of you that have it. I"m don't know if I should go with 2.1 or 2.2 where did you get yours? What problems have you had with it. I think today I might go a head one or the other..

Advertisement
  2. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

3. macavely

Thats for the reply RozzaC .. I will check out that forum. I just trying to get all the info I can before I dive into this.. I don't want to end up with a brick because I missed something.

4. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

The only thing that would be different with installing this ROM would be the fact you need to have DangerSPL installed on your G1 before you can install CyanogenMod 5.0.7.

Be sure to check out the wiki and the forums thoroughly and make sure you're happy with what you need to do before attempting anything.

5. macavely

Yea . saw that.. I have downloaded all the files That I need. the wiki page is great. I think I might do this tonight is my mind is clear. (have been doing a lot of ramdom things today around the house.)

It would be great if there was a one click app to do this for us lazy-scared-noobs .. lol ..

Thanks again RozzaC ..

6. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

No problem.

Always happy to help out! =)

7. nyne7lac

nyne7lac Member

I just flashed Cyanogen's 2.2 to my G1 just to hold me over til my Evo gets here (Tuesday).

It runs great! I loaded LauncherPro Beta and all i can say is WOW...why did I wait?

8. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

You mean 2.1, right?

9. johngw43

johngw43 Active Member

I've had MY g1 for awhile now, and I'm terrified of rooting it. I wish someone would walk me through the process! I'm not working right now, and I can't afford to BRICK my phone, at all!

10. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Same thing I said to someone else, in another thread....

CyanogenMod's Wiki is probably better than anything I could personally write to help you through the process...

It's very detailed and gives you precise step-by-step instructions on rooting your G1 and installing the ROM...

Full Update Guide - G1/Dream Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki

Assuming that your phone isn't rooted yet....you'll need to follow those instructions first..

Further down that page, you'll find the instructions to install the CM 5.0.7

11. Pandam00nium

Pandam00nium Member

I was as well when doing the procedure. My hero didn't have to go through any iffy steps to root that could potentially brick your phone. But you just gotta make sure you follow and reread every step at least 2-3 times. I'm glad I managed to get it all set up. :)