where to get clockworkmod?

Last Updated:

1. Sportster

Sportster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Going to try different mods but can't find clockwork mod. I see launcher in the market but i'm sure that's not it. Downloaded rom manager and can't find clockwork mod to use with it.

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

When you run ROM Manager the option at the top is to flash ClockworkMod Recovery.

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

You can get it via ROM Manager (in the Market place) - that's probably the easiest way.

You can also get Clockwork-based ROMs here in this forum - the JRummy post with 6 or 7 versions of the CyanogenMod ROM (5.7.1) was just posted...

http://androidforums.com/all-things...x-v0-8-7-themes-built-source-many-extras.html

My current favorite is the Genesis themed ROM based on 5.0.7.1 - you can find it in ROM Manager and also here:

Genesis Version 1 (Overlay themed CM ROM) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Now I'm confused. Is the OP asking how to get ClockworkMod Recovery flashed or access to custom ROMs (or "mods" as he called them)?

Are you actually rooted?

5. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Good question, nstallion - I didn't think to ask if he was already rooted, assumed it (and we know how dangerous that can be). :)

OP - if you clarify if you're rooted or not already, that will help get you a better answer.

6. Sportster

I'm confused...I thought the Clockwork Mod thing was a backup program. So I'm looking to back up with it. Does it do this? If so where do I find it? I'm rooted and have Rom manager installed. Was considering trying one of the BB roms or nexbeast. I'm on Droidmod right now. I was told you needed to back up with clockwork mod first,hence the question....

7. Sportster

Or should I just forget clockwork and use Nandroid instead? or sprecovery?

8. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, then go down and select Backup Current Rom. After all this, then go nuts picking a ROM. I highly suggest NexBeast, but pick one that works great with your droid.

9. Sportster

I originally did that but it froze my droid. So I tried once more and this time it worked so I'm now backing up my current rom successfully. I thought that it had frozen it the first time because clockwork wasn't available....

10. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

ROM Manager gives you the option of flashing Clockwork Recovery or SPRecovery...

Clockwork Recovery and ROM Manager were created by the same person, so they pretty much go together.....also same creator of the Cyanogenmod (CM) port to the Droid....

open ROM Manager and you can see at a glance if you've flashed into Clockwork Recovery or not...once you've done that then you are on your way...

11. tpatnoe

tpatnoe Active Member

If a person has installed Rom Manager and flashed the Clockworkmod, is there a way to uninstall Clockworkmod? I uninstalled Rom Manager but still have Clockworkmod and it does not see any of my backups made prior to installing Rom Manager. I want to get rid of Clockworkmod and go back to the original nandroid backup method.

I am still learning about all this root stuff and thought I would try a rom manager but did not know it was going to change the way I backup.

Any help is greatly appreciated.