Where to look for NC discounts

Last Updated: 2011-03-21 02:26:20
  1. frugal

frugal New Member

There have been several references lately to the Nook Color costing $200. It appears that was true at the end of February, but I can't find any current discounts from the list price of $250.

Which sites would you recommend watching for upcoming NC discounts?

Advertisement
  2. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

Barnes and Noble, eBay, amazon, daily deal websites like Groupon, etc.

Usually if a deal like that arises, it will be made widely known.
  3. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

That $200 deal ended on Mar 3rd.

Keep your eye out here, people will post it up.
  4. sharksoup

sharksoup New Member

Some good prices out there on ebay, but you gotta be patient. Just purchased a "lightly used" nook color w/pink leather case from ebay for $220 w/shipping. Today I ordered a new brown leather case and 5 screen protectors from the bay for $22. The pink leather one will be posted for sale on ebay within a few days of receiving it in hopes of recouping my $22 case/protector cost.

What amazes me in watching some of the ebay auctions is that people are actually paying more than $249 for a stock nook color when they can get it for that price direct from B&N with free shipping.
  5. nj02vette

nj02vette Well-Known Member

Happens all the time.

For a chuckle, look up the prices that the Nook Color sells for on Amazon. Lowest price is around $300. :eek:
  6. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

Just a note. When I bought mine from BB, they had a $35 or $50 (can't remember which) rebate for any case. Though it may not be cash in hand, it was nice to not have to pay for the nice case I picked up.

Anyway, might be one of those deals that comes back around so keep an eye out.
  7. bucketheadmn

bucketheadmn Well-Known Member

I might have to put mine up on Amazon to see if I can get the $300 for it!