• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where to move music files from my computer?

I have an icon called both "Music" and "Play Music" on my S4. What's the difference? I have been moving music files from my computer into the "Music" folder, but when I download a song from Play Store I find it under the "Play Music" icon. So if I'm going to use teh Play Music icon to find all my songs, how do I move them from my computer onto it instead of the "Music" icon? I got away from the iPhone because I hated iTunes and the problems with doing this kind of transfer between my computer and smartphone. Surely there has to be an easier way to move songs around with the S4.

Yes, I experience this too and it's a pain. Most of my music is in "music" but I have some in "play music". "music" is stored on sd card but "play music" stores files on the handset. I tried to move the "play music" files to the SD card but KitKat wouldn't allow it so I gave up. I guess I could copy the play music files to my PC and then remove the SD card, connect to PC and transfer across. I haven't tried this because of the hassle. I'm certain it will work but it really is a lot of bother to carry out a simple task.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones