Where to place songs/mp3s?Support

Last Updated:

1. opplife

opplife Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I notice in my new htc desire on one of the 7 panels there is a something you can click that says. Tap to go to music application, but there is no music there.

I gather you can either

1. Download Mp3s from the net and it will save them somewhere? but if i do it that way how do i load them in this program?

2. Hook up my phone to my pc and drag mp3s over onto my sd card, but do i have to place them in a certain folder for the app to find them?

Last is there a popular app people use to play their mp3s vs the one they give you?

thanks for helping a newbie out here

Advertisement
  2. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

I personally don't mind the one that comes with the phone, but MixZing is also very nice. You can make a folder on the SD and title it music. Simple as that. The music app on opening will do a quick search for music files on your phone and then add them to the list of music.

3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Actually, you can place any kind of media (music, pictures) anywhere and the apps will more or less be able to find them. For your own sanity (but not technical necessity) I would recommend you make a "/media" folder in the root of your "/sdcard" folder, and make a "/music" folder inside of it.

I also have "/ringtones", "/alarms", "/notifications" -- these folders must be named exactly so (but can be placed anywhere) in order for their contents to show up as ringtones etc.

Bonus: If you have sounds or images that you *don't* want listed, place a file called ".nomedia" (note the leading dot) in the same folder, and Android will not publish any media files in that folder to media apps.

Rojhan and Eris Ed like this.
  4. Rojhan

Rojhan Member

Thanks for the tip; this should go in "Tips & Tricks"

5. opplife

opplife Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys