• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to post something that's both a question AND a general dabate?

hcseidelin

Lurker
Sep 18, 2009
So, I read in the "Android, Tips & Tricks" sticky that that is not a place for questions, only for solutions. That's great.

However, my question in regard to import af contacts isn't a model specific one. More like "How're you dealing with this general platform issue? Here's my perspective including my dead ends and problems. Any views and/or suggestions".

What category does such a topic fall under?

All the best

HC
Android - and androidforums - n00b

Hey welcome, my fellow countryman! :D

You're right, there doesn't seem to be an obvious subforum for that; I think I'd put it in "Android Phones -> Support" (which, oddly, is named "Support forum for the G1" -- perhaps because that was the first phone to be had).

I understand you want to know how to deal with your contacts?
I'd recommend you search for "import contacts" and maybe "csv" and you should find a lot of relevant threads. In short, convert your contacts from wherever to CSV or vCard format, then you can import them (kinda poorly) into GMail, which will sync to your phone.

Upvote 0
So, I read in the "Android, Tips & Tricks" sticky that that is not a place for questions, only for solutions. That's great.

However, my question in regard to import af contacts isn't a model specific one. More like "How're you dealing with this general platform issue? Here's my perspective including my dead ends and problems. Any views and/or suggestions".

What category does such a topic fall under?

All the best

HC
Android - and androidforums - n00b

Place your question under the forum that matches your phone .... I there a solution worthy of Inclusion in Tips & Tricks then a post can be made there later with a link to the original solution post ....

Just let the MODs worry about that ...

Thanks for your cooperation and concern as to where your post best belongs ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones